The Student Room Group

UCL Medical School 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TazzyBoo
So happy! mA got an offer from Oxford! Now I can be totally relaxed for my UCL interview :wink:

I knew you'd make it! :wink: Well done again!
Original post by tmahmud
Thank you! Its on the 10th of February.
My stats are:
Predictions: A*A*A*A
AS: AAAAB
GCSEs: 10.5 A*s, A in additional maths
BMAT: 5.1, 5.7, 2.5A

They're not great, but hey, they did the job!
I just hope I do well enough at the interview to get an offer :/

Good luck with your application!

OMG how can you say they're not great!!

But thanks for believing in me :smile:
OMG how can you say they're not great!!

But thanks for believing in me :smile:

Because they're not :P

And, no problem :smile: You deserved this!
Reply 583
So happy! mA got an offer from Oxford! Now I can be totally relaxed for my UCL interview :wink:

Whoa you're awesome. So proud of you right now
Original post by SMM96
Whoa you're awesome. So proud of you right now

*blush face* haha thank you :smile:, but I'm no more awesome than anyone else on this thread!
Struggling to motivate myself to prepare for this thing...
I got an email from UCL, they are asking for information regarding my work experience which I have sent....what does this mean??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 587
Original post by SherlockHolmes2
I got an email from UCL, they are asking for information regarding my work experience which I have sent....what does this mean??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got it too ages ago. It's probably to check your not lying. it don't think it means anything though cos both me and my friend got it and I got an interview and she didn't.
Original post by SMM96
I got it too ages ago. It's probably to check your not lying. it don't think it means anything though cos both me and my friend got it and I got an interview and she didn't.

Ah okay, do they contact the places where you did your work experience? (If so should I let the hospital know to expect a call/email from UCL?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SherlockHolmes2
Ah okay, do they contact the places where you did your work experience? (If so should I let the hospital know to expect a call/email from UCL?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably a good idea to let them know. Or if you have references then you can send these to UCL.

I have a theory on UCL interviews that they are doing them in alphabetical order. My surname begins with T ..if you don't mind what letter does yours begin with?
Original post by ninetyeightfour
Probably a good idea to let them know. Or if you have references then you can send these to UCL.

I have a theory on UCL interviews that they are doing them in alphabetical order. My surname begins with T ..if you don't mind what letter does yours begin with?

If you have already sent this information to UCL then it could be a mistake on their part. May be call them tomorrow and talk to them about it?

Hey, how did you come to this conclusion? If they are really doing it in alphabetical order then does that mean I'm not gonna get an interview cauz my surname begins with K :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maziiemaz
Hey, how did you come to this conclusion? If they are really doing it in alphabetical order then does that mean I'm not gonna get an interview cauz my surname begins with K :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My theory is for school leavers and is based on what I have seen at my school for who has been called for interview.

So hopefully you will get called if you have met their requirements and are in the top 800? they interview :smile:
My theory is for school leavers and is based on what I have seen at my school for who has been called for interview.

So hopefully you will get called if you have met their requirements and are in the top 800? they interview :smile:

I'm trying to be positive :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 594
I'm trying to be positive :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a school leaver and my interview is jan 14th yet my surname begins with M
Original post by SMM96

I'm a school leaver too but I haven't heard back yet for medicine, just got my pharmacy offer from ucl today. I'm just looking at the interview dates for medicine (in that email) and they started giving out February interviews now so only few dates are left. How many interview places are left do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMM96

When you say school leaver do you mean you're in year 13 or are you taking a gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Debo1996
When you say school leaver do you mean you're in year 13 or are you taking a gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Year 13 doing A2s this year
I'm a school leaver too but I haven't heard back yet for medicine, just got my pharmacy offer from ucl today. I'm just looking at the interview dates for medicine (in that email) and they started giving out February interviews now so only few dates are left. How many interview places are left do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looked at last years thread and they interviewed someone in March and he had 99% UMS and very good BMAT....so do not give up hope!
Looked at last years thread and they interviewed someone in March and he had 99% UMS and very good BMAT....so do not give up hope!

I don't have 99% UMS do you get what I mean haha but there's still time so not the end of the world yet

Did you have your interview yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending