The Student Room Group

UCL Medical School 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="charjb;53046831"]
Original post by ninetyeightfour

The Best of British? You are weird. I don't think you stand much chance mate.

Its a saying where I come from.....meaning I wish you good luck!

I advise you to stop now as you are making yourself look silly ...
Reply 781
I think everyone should stop speculating about the order in which interviews are given out. Nobody knows and the only way to find out is if you are an admissions tutor. If you are going to get called for an interview you will get called for an interview and vice versa, there is no point in trying to come up with obscure theories.
UCL interview in an order based on BMAT score and academics, and they also interview gap year students early because they've already got their grades. Speculating about the system is no reason to be so nasty and petty towards each other, good grief.

If people get in it is on their own merit, running each other down is just unpleasant behaviour for no reason. Equally if people want to go to an interview they have earnt, they have the right to do so and thereby increase their future options without being pointlessly guilt tripped.
Original post by seaholme
UCL interview in an order based on BMAT score and academics, and they also interview gap year students early because they've already got their grades. Speculating about the system is no reason to be so nasty and petty towards each other, good grief.

If people get in it is on their own merit, running each other down is just unpleasant behaviour for no reason. Equally if people want to go to an interview they have earnt, they have the right to do so and thereby increase their future options without being pointlessly guilt tripped.

Here! Here!
Reply 784
Here! Here!

It's: Hear! Hear! (a sentiment I would echo)
Original post by Poised
It's: Hear! Hear! (a sentiment I would echo)

Lol..I was about to edit to Hear Hear! (The ! After the second hear ) :smile:
Has anyone received an interview recently? :smile:
Reply 787

True, but the point I made was that people are not invited to interview according to alphabetical order, because other than it's an utterly insane idea, I don't want people reading this thread to be worried if they have not been called to interview yet and have surnames close to the start of the alphabet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sophia7860
Has anyone received an interview recently? :smile:

I received an interview invite last Friday. I am year 13 doing my A2s this year and surname beginning with T.
Original post by charjb
True, but the point I made was that people are not invited to interview according to alphabetical order, because other than it's an utterly insane idea, I don't want people reading this thread to be worried if they have not been called to interview yet and have surnames close to the start of the alphabet.

When I am ridiculed for standing up for those people, and the weirdy beard in question is also spraying other weirdness nonsense on multiple threads of course I am going to respond negatively

I understand that you're frustrated and want to set the record straight for people, but at the end of the day in my experience there are nice ways to tell people you think their information is incorrect - and then there's implying you hope they fail their interview. Responding to people who you think are spouting rubbish with some kind of diplomacy (and not resorting to personal attacks) is a life skill. It only serves to undermine the sense in what you're saying if you also behave badly, it's basically a shot to your own foot! If you get what I'm saying. Just food for thought as you responded to my post, not intending to specifically pick on anyone.
I received an interview invite last Friday. I am year 13 doing my A2s this year and surname beginning with T.

Congrats! :biggrin: I'm a scottish applicant with surname M and haven't heard back yet :P
Reply 791
I understand that you're frustrated and want to set the record straight for people, but at the end of the day in my experience there are nice ways to tell people you think their information is incorrect - and then there's implying you hope they fail their interview. Responding to people who you think are spouting rubbish with some kind of diplomacy (and not resorting to personal attacks) is a life skill. It only serves to undermine the sense in what you're saying if you also behave badly, it's basically a shot to your own foot! If you get what I'm saying. Just food for thought as you responded to my post, not intending to specifically pick on anyone.

That is a good point, and of course I am well aware it is a life skill, but it's not always the best way to tackle a problem. In this case, it probably is, but you're probably a nicer person than I am.
Congrats! :biggrin: I'm a scottish applicant with surname M and haven't heard back yet :P

Fingers crossed for you! Hopefully, you will hear soon as they interview through February and March.
Fingers crossed for you! Hopefully, you will hear soon as they interview through February and March.

I hope so aha :smile: good luck for your interview!
I hope so aha :smile: good luck for your interview!

Thank you! I just checked the internet and also last years thread and they can interview through to April.....so plenty of time yet.

If you don't mind me asking what was your BMAT score and UCAS points?
Thank you! I just checked the internet and also last years thread and they can interview through to April.....so plenty of time yet.

If you don't mind me asking what was your BMAT score and UCAS points?

aw that gives me hope aha
i got 5.1, 4.4, 3.5A :smile: kinda unsure on how ucas points work but i have 5As at higher and predicted 4As this year(1 higher and 3 Advanced highers).
what about yourself?
Reply 796
I heard they were handing out interviews based on shoe size.
Original post by jalwxx

You i like you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jalwxx

Can confirm, Im size 1 and I recieved my interview in December

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 799
Original post by SassQueen96

Cheers :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending