The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I got an offer from Newcastle today for 3'As, it's gonna be tough to pull off aha :smile:
Original post by Chris_Milo
I got an offer from Newcastle today for 3'As, it's gonna be tough to pull off aha :smile:

Well done :-) Sure you'll be okay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm not going to do history but I've taken History AS and I'm not doing great at the moment, so any of you history experts got any tips for me? I'm doing Henry VIII and Russia in REvolution and USA in ASia for EDEXCEL.
Hey guys :smile:,
I'm applying for German and History at
Warwick
UCL
Exeter
Nottingham
and Bristol (Liberal arts+ yr abroad)
I sent off my UCAS yesterday
and I'm predicted A*AA
I loved doing Russia, just make sure you read around the subject, and remember facts and figures. Aslong as you have a good structured answer and put loads of facts and figures in the examiner is gonna think you know your stuff :smile:
History and politics
AS: AABB
Alevel predict: A*AA

Oxford
Wawrick
Exeter
York
Lancaster

Accepted for Wawrick on an AAA offer :smile: Will post personal statement on here if anyone wants to look at it.... dunno what the TSR rules are
Hello everyone!

I've applied to:
KCL (War Studies and history)
Manchester (History- heard back within a week with an offer of AAB)
Birmingham (War Studies)
Queen Mary (Modern History- got an interview in two weeks: has anyone else got one?!?)
Brunel (History)

Currently at the really tense/tracking application every hour stage! How's everyone else finding it?
Original post by Idomaths
I'm not going to do history but I've taken History AS and I'm not doing great at the moment, so any of you history experts got any tips for me? I'm doing Henry VIII and Russia in REvolution and USA in ASia for EDEXCEL.

For henry VIII I just read the whole red book the night before and it worked got an A for that exam. Doing that makes the information more fresh? But I guess some would not recommend that. Just try not to fall asleep in class when learning about Wolsey
Original post by YesManF7W
History and politics
AS: AABB
Alevel predict: A*AA

Oxford
Wawrick
Exeter
York
Lancaster

Accepted for Wawrick on an AAA offer :smile: Will post personal statement on here if anyone wants to look at it.... dunno what the TSR rules are

Yes please! Goodluck on the rest of your unis xx
Hey guys

Whilst I'm not applying for history I just wanted to ask If anyone here is doing Edexcel History and the Kaiser to Fuhrer paper for A2 this year?

It's just that I'm really struggling with how to write these 30/40 mark answers.. don't even know how to plan!

Any help in writing the essay type questions would be great!
Reply 70
Offer from York at AAA
Reply 71
Hi :smile:
I just sent off my application! So nervous :s-smilie:
So I applied to:
Exeter
Southampton
Birmingham
Leicester
Kent

I am applying for straight History (V100), just want to get in so bad, Exeter and Southampton are my favourites atm.
Sent app on 15.10

Cambridge (acknowledged)
Exeter (offer A*AA on 4.11)
Warwick (offer AAA on 24.10)
Durham (acknowledged)
Bristol (acknowledged)
Reply 73
Has anyone heard anything from UCL yet?? My application hasn't been sent off yet but I'm applying to UCL, KCL, Durham, Exeter and UCL again (for Russian and Eastern European history) :smile:
Original post by izz345
Has anyone heard anything from UCL yet?? My application hasn't been sent off yet but I'm applying to UCL, KCL, Durham, Exeter and UCL again (for Russian and Eastern European history) :smile:

Applied 2 days ago and have recived all acknowledgements execpt from UCL! Its my first choice aswell so I'm really impatient!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by lustforlife
Applied 2 days ago and have recived all acknowledgements execpt from UCL! Its my first choice aswell so I'm really impatient!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's mine too!! Do you think it'll be looked upon badly that i've applied there for two separate courses? bit worried about that...
Original post by izz345
It's mine too!! Do you think it'll be looked upon badly that i've applied there for two separate courses? bit worried about that...

No think its fine! I've seen many people from previous years applying for straight History and the SSEES course as a back up cause it has lower entry requirements. Sure you'll be fine :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Sweet! That makes me feel better
Hey :smile: I've applied for
Manchester
Birmingham
Sheffield
Kent
Oxford Brookes
And I've had offers from all 5!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bronwencerimarsh
Hey :smile: I've applied for
Manchester
Birmingham
Sheffield
Kent
Oxford Brookes
And I've had offers from all 5!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done on all offers! Wow, you must be feeling so relaxed right now :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending