The Student Room Group

GEM 2015 - where to apply?

Hey,

I would be really appreciative to get some opinions about where to apply for GEM 2015 entry.

I have a UKCAT avg. score of 680, Band 1 in SJ
I have done the GAMSAT and hopefully will get above 50 overall but not sure about section 2, essays are my weak point.

Other information: I'm hoping so gain a 1st in a medical science degree, and have A-levels of A*AAB. (only downfall is I only have English language grade B at GCSE).

Where would you apply if you were in my situation?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
What's your work experience like and have you read the applying to your strengths page on the Medicine Wiki?
Reply 2
Original post by Zorg
What's your work experience like and have you read the applying to your strengths page on the Medicine Wiki?

I have 9 months in a paediatric infectious diseases research group, volunteered on a geriatrics ward, little bit in pathology.

I have read the strengths page, and I think I have 3 of my options sorted I'm just not entirely certain of my 4th option.
Reply 3
Original post by KirstieW
I have 9 months in a paediatric infectious diseases research group, volunteered on a geriatrics ward, little bit in pathology.

I have read the strengths page, and I think I have 3 of my options sorted I'm just not entirely certain of my 4th option.

Depending on your confidence for GAMSAT, choose schools who don't look at UKCAT or try for the BMAT. Bristol and Birmingham use no entrance exams as well.
I don't think any of the schools bother with GCSEs at GEM.
You may have a long shot at Warwick, and Leicester may be worth looking into if you get 12 months paid healthcare experience by the start of the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending