The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
squigaletta
I wasn't implying that he would want to sleep with a man and be unfaithful, i specifically said i didn't think that

I'm sorry, I wasn't replying to your post, I was just pointing out a popular misconception.
Oh ok! :smile:
Reply 22
I'm bi, my bf knows and has since the begining of our relationship.
It's great as we can eye up girls together. :wink: (no harm in looking after all!)
I'm completely faithful to him, and I don't miss sex with women any more than I miss sex with other men ie not at all.
Provided that your girlfriend is reasonably open minded and not neurotic I don't see that there should be a problem.
You've got to be honest with her, and your self.
Do wait a while and be sure though, it isn't a statement thats easy to retract!
Reply 23
I think you should tell her.

I wouldn't date/stay with a bisexual/ take the news well.

Good luck though
I think i would stay with my man, it just wouldn't make me happy.
Reply 25
Gosh, I'm actually surprised at the amount of replies that aren't ok with it.

I thought we were European...?

Not secular, bible-belt dwelling Americans?

Oh well.
Reply 26
And by European I meant open minded and liberal.

Sorry for double post, thanks for all the advice though.

Appreciated :smile:
Its nothing to do with my morality or view of bi sexuals, i have absolutely no problem with any sexual prference, I just personally have issues when it comes to pleasing a man I'm with.
Reply 28
I am english. I do not consider myself european or liberal on any level.

While I don't mind the sexuality of my friends, I wouldnt have a bi boyfriend.
Anonymous
Gosh, I'm actually surprised at the amount of replies that aren't ok with it.

Yeah me too. I wouldn't see it as a big deal at all. Finding both guys and girls attractive doesn't make you any less of a boyfriend. It pisses me off that some people think if a guy likes other guys then he automatically must fancy every guy on the planet.
Why is it more okay for girls to be bisexual but not guys? It's ridiculous.
I'm drifting off the subject...sorry. I wouldn't have a problem with it. Fin.
:frown: Now I feel dead prudish!
Reply 31
well you shouldn't. They are pretty normal feelings to have.
emmathe37th
Yeah me too. I wouldn't see it as a big deal at all. Finding both guys and girls attractive doesn't make you any less of a boyfriend. It pisses me off that some people think if a guy likes other guys then he automatically must fancy every guy on the planet.
Why is it more okay for girls to be bisexual but not guys? It's ridiculous.
I'm drifting off the subject...sorry. I wouldn't have a problem with it. Fin.

Girls are largely closer to their girl-friends anyway, and so seeing a girl-girl relationship isn't that surprising. Society is still slowly adapting to accepting boy-boy relationships simply because throughout history men liking men was always seen as a sign of having no masculinity and a perversion of man. Still, nothing wrong with it in my view, can't be bothered to reiterate what my previous post said so check back if you want to see what I said :p: xxx
Reply 33
because throughout history men liking men was always seen as a sign of having no masculinity and a perversion of man

Oh how very wrong you are!

I am sure you are somewhat familiar with Ancient Greece and Alexander the Great etc.?

Well in their time it was perfectly normal for men to engage in sexual relations, they even had pubescent toy boys called "eromenos" if I'm not much mistaken. Women were actually banned from engaging same sex relations, only men were allowed.

It's just that when Christianity came along we all decided it was wrong, and it stayed wrong for a few centuries, not that no one did it. But it's on the rise again now.

IRT The English Comment

You live in England, you are English, England is a part of Europe. Hence you are European. A Bolivian man or a Canadian man maybe be from Bolivia or Canada but they are still American, since that's the continent they hail from.
Reply 34
Joachim
because throughout history men liking men was always seen as a sign of having no masculinity and a perversion of man

Oh how very wrong you are!

I am sure you are somewhat familiar with Ancient Greece and Alexander the Great etc.?

Well in their time it was perfectly normal for men to engage in sexual relations, they even had pubescent toy boys called "eromenos" if I'm not much mistaken. Women were actually banned from engaging same sex relations, only men were allowed.

It's just that when Christianity came along we all decided it was wrong, and it stayed wrong for a few centuries, not that no one did it. But it's on the rise again now.

IRT The English Comment

You live in England, you are English, England is a part of Europe. Hence you are European. A Bolivian man or a Canadian man maybe be from Bolivia or Canada but they are still American, since that's the continent they hail from.

I am a UKIP voter, I detest continental Europe and find anything associating me with them, frankly, upsetting. I am also fairly sure that comment was made in the cultural context, not the geographical one.
im bi too and i have a gf and i told her. she said its fine
Reply 36
LadyEnglish
You could as a joke ask your gf 'what would you do if i told you i was gay?!' and if she says 'run away' then don't tell her, if she tells you 'id be fine with it' then I guess it's a go ahead on telling her you're bisexual

What woman is going to be OK with the man that she loves saying to her "Hey, it turns out I'm not attracted to your sex after all! I'm gay! We should probably break up, huh, what with me not fancying women and all. Hope that's not a problem for you?"

Honestly, I can't believe some of the stuff I read on here.
Mr.God
What woman is going to be OK with the man that she loves saying to her "Hey, it turns out I'm not attracted to your sex after all! I'm gay! We should probably break up, huh, what with me not fancying women and all. Hope that's not a problem for you?"

He's not gay for Christ's sake. He's bi!
I really don't get what the problem is. Just because a guy likes either sex doesn't mean he's any more likely to cheat on his girlfriend.

I'd rather go out with a bi guy than a homophobe.
Reply 38
emmathe37th
He's not gay for Christ's sake. He's bi!

I realise that. I assume you didn't read the quote I was responding to, otherwise you would have realised I never said he was gay.

emmathe37th
I really don't get what the problem is. Just because a guy likes either sex doesn't mean he's any more likely to cheat on his girlfriend.

Agreed. I don't think ability to be monogamous has anything to do with sexual orientation

emmathe37th
I'd rather go out with a bi guy than a homophobe.

I'm sure you're not referring to me here, but in case you are, I will clarify that I am not a homophobe. Bigotry in general is an unattractive trait.
Reply 39
****ing HOT. I would LOVE a bisexual boyfriend. Think of the threesomes! Yum.

Latest

Trending

Trending