The Student Room Group

Re application advice

I applied for Law at Manchester last year, but was rejected due to grades. The reason I was predicted lower grades was because my mum was in hospital having rounds of surgery, which resulted in my attendance dropping significantly.

I ended up dropping out and decided to re apply. My application was improved since then, and I've had work experience since I've been off. My teachers and I are also confident that I'll be ableo acheive AAA, but what is the likelihood that manchester would give me another offer having rejected me previously?

side note: I switched colleges becaus my old one was crap. I achieved ABC in my AS levels and was predicted ABB last year. I needed AAA.
(edited 9 years ago)
I hope your mother is now recovered. If your current college is prepared to predict AAA then Manchester may give you an offer. Your referee should explain why you have taken 3 years over your A levels. Apply for other universities with lower grades in case things go wrong and you don't get the 3 As. If Manchester reject you again but you are set on the place then consider applying again to them through adjustment or clearing.
Its isn't automatic that a Uni who have previously rejected you will not make you an offer the 2nd time around.

The important thing for both you and your referee to stress in your application is that you are in a 'different place' than this time last year - not just literally at a different college but more importantly your head is in a different place. Make it clear in your PS that your family problems are resolved, and your have matured and developed better study skills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending