The Student Room Group

Reapplying to uni

Hi,
I was planning on going to uni Sept 2022 and had to defer due to some health issues. I'm currently planning on going in Sept 2024 but I'll need to reapply because I can only defer for 1 year.

Does anyone have any experience with how this works? I'm not in sixth form anymore so I can't ask anyone and all the advice online is a bit confusing. Can I reuse my personal statement and do my references from my original application still count?
Hi @Hannah873,

I'm sorry that you were experiencing that. I personally haven't had to reapply for uni or deferred a year but I can share some resources with you that would help explain some of the process.

I would recommned having a look at the content on UCAS because they give a breakdown of what to do in this scenario:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/when-apply/deferred-entry

https://www.ucas.com/contact-us - You can give them a call here and they will be able to give you more advice.

Have you chosen your uni choices and what course you'd like to study? I would also encourage you to call the universities you want to apply to for 2024 entry and ask for advice on the proess.

I hope that helps a little.

Almasi, Ravensbourne University London Graduate
Original post by Hannah873
Hi,
I was planning on going to uni Sept 2022 and had to defer due to some health issues. I'm currently planning on going in Sept 2024 but I'll need to reapply because I can only defer for 1 year.

Does anyone have any experience with how this works? I'm not in sixth form anymore so I can't ask anyone and all the advice online is a bit confusing. Can I reuse my personal statement and do my references from my original application still count?
Original post by Hannah873
Hi,

You can reuse your PS but you'll need to talk to your old sixth form about whether they'll be willing to re-issue your reference (most will) and if so how they want you to link your new application to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending