The Student Room Group
NDGAARONDI
Anyone added hot water to Oxo cubes for a hot drink? It's quite nice. :p:

No, but I imagine it's quite tasty.

If it's anything like Bovril, then it must be great. Although to this day, I've never finished a whole cup of Bovril. I used to drink it at football matches when it was really cold, but every time it always got kicked over by some git walking in front of me trying to get to their seat.
mmm, i might try this out actually...cut a few slices of bread, for dipping :wink:
Reply 3
You won't beat Bovril. Mmm.
Reply 4
^o)
Reply 5
NDGAARONDI
Anyone added hot water to Oxo cubes for a hot drink? It's quite nice. :p:

Yep! Yep! Yep! I do this quite often actually. I normally have 2 oxo cubes for 1 mug of hot water. Then i use a teaspoon to have the first half of it and then use a straw for the rest fo it. You can see i have this all systematically planned :wink: It is nice though :p: And i might add, it stops me from eating crap! :biggrin:
Reply 6
I have one cub for one cup personally. Haven't tried Bovril so might give that a try. Oxo with water is good, plus we don't have the daft residue at the bottom from naff cup-a-soups.
Reply 7
NDGAARONDI
I have one cub for one cup personally. Haven't tried Bovril so might give that a try. Oxo with water is good, plus we don't have the daft residue at the bottom from naff cup-a-soups.

Actually, i used to get qute a lot of residue but not anymore.

At last i mastered the art of placing a oxo cube into boiling water and stiring it! *claps to myself* :biggrin:

Latest