The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medicine 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
hey sorry this is kinda random but basically i got a conditional of BBB but i dont think ill get my conditions i think its more likely ill get AAC, however the one that i think ill get a C in is an A level which im trying to do in one year (not going well hahahah) like im doing both AS and A2 in the same year and im struggling so much with all the work, so do you think if i called them up and explained to them that im doing it in a year (cause i never put that on my form) they would change my conditions to a B in just AS level or would they never do that?? thank u!!!
Original post by t111
hey sorry this is kinda random but basically i got a conditional of BBB but i dont think ill get my conditions i think its more likely ill get AAC, however the one that i think ill get a C in is an A level which im trying to do in one year (not going well hahahah) like im doing both AS and A2 in the same year and im struggling so much with all the work, so do you think if i called them up and explained to them that im doing it in a year (cause i never put that on my form) they would change my conditions to a B in just AS level or would they never do that?? thank u!!!

Well they might do, especially if you get As in your other subjects. So no harm in asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 542
Original post by Asklepios
Well they might do, especially if you get As in your other subjects. So no harm in asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thanks so much, might give it a try. do you think i could just email them?
Original post by t111
ok thanks so much, might give it a try. do you think i could just email them?

Email would work as well. Don't get your hopes up too much, but there is certainly no harm :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think they would be more flexible with IB offers? E.g. if their offer is 37 overall, 766 at HL, if you got say 40 overall but only 666 at HL, would they still take you?
Once you've sent off all of your forms for the clearance checks do you get any notification that your offer has been confirmed???
Original post by qwertymed
Once you've sent off all of your forms for the clearance checks do you get any notification that your offer has been confirmed???

They should make your offer unconditional on UCAS once all the paperwork and academic conditions have been confirmed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!! I have been watching from the shadows for a long long time!!! Edinburgh has been my dream uni for years and I was heartbroken to get 4 rejections for medicine. However I have just been made an offer from the waiting list and I am soo soo happy. Never give up!!!
Original post by siri1997
Hello!! I have been watching from the shadows for a long long time!!! Edinburgh has been my dream uni for years and I was heartbroken to get 4 rejections for medicine. However I have just been made an offer from the waiting list and I am soo soo happy. Never give up!!!

Well done. That is fantastic news!
Is it just me or is there no accomodation available close to the medical campus in Little France. I've been checking for two days now and haven't seen any university accomodation or and maybe 2 or 3 flats available from private accomodation.

Any chance someone can help me out?
Reply 550
Original post by Little Wolf
Is it just me or is there no accomodation available close to the medical campus in Little France. I've been checking for two days now and haven't seen any university accomodation or and maybe 2 or 3 flats available from private accomodation.
Any chance someone can help me out?

The area around Little France is not particularly a student area. Most people commute from more central accommodation. I would recommend Pollock Halls. If you are going private, Marchmont or Bruntsfield areas.
Original post by Huy14
The area around Little France is not particularly a student area. Most people commute from more central accommodation. I would recommend Pollock Halls. If you are going private, Marchmont or Bruntsfield areas.

Thanks!

What about the Quartermile development around Lauristan place is it nice and safe and all? Also are there any areas I should avoid when going apartment hunting?

Sorry for all the questions its just that searching for accommodation's really stressing me out
Thanks!
What about the Quartermile development around Lauristan place is it nice and safe and all? Also are there any areas I should avoid when going apartment hunting?
Sorry for all the questions its just that searching for accommodation's really stressing me out

Unless they've changed things significantly, most of your year 1 and 2 teaching will be in the central area around the old medical school. Even still, it is best to live central as it is close to other amenities and things.

Q-mile is very fancy and nice, and safe. It is also very conveniently located. The only thing is that it is expensive.
Original post by Asklepios
Unless they've changed things significantly, most of your year 1 and 2 teaching will be in the central area around the old medical school. Even still, it is best to live central as it is close to other amenities and things.

Q-mile is very fancy and nice, and safe. It is also very conveniently located. The only thing is that it is expensive.

Oh that's great thanks!

What's the name of the old medical school's campus? The one where we'll most likely be at for year 1 and 2 I mean
Oh that's great thanks!
What's the name of the old medical school's campus? The one where we'll most likely be at for year 1 and 2 I mean

Usually the whole area is just called the 'University Central Area/Campus' or sometimes 'George Square Campus.' There are various buildings, the student union and the main library here. The Old Medical School is one of these buildings (entrance from Teviot Pl) and houses the Anatomy Lecture Theatre (mainly Year 1 lectures) and the anatomy'microbiology teaching labs. You will also get lectures in other buildings in the central area throughout years 1 and 2 e.g. David Hume Tower, Appleton Tower.
Reply 555
Has anyone got in from the waitlist and if you have what number were you on the list?
Reply 556
Has anyone got in from the waitlist and if so what number were you
Reply 557
Did anyone receive a "congratulations...look forward to seeing you" e-mail after declining an Edinburgh offer? If not, this is a definite mistake and another offer for someone else...? :smile:
Does anybody look for a flatmate in Edinburgh?
Reply 559
Any literature list/list of recommended books for A100 2015 entry or will the literature list be presented during freshers' week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending