The Student Room Group

AS level options help

Hi,

So my name is Sami and I am thinking about applying for medicine.

However, as I am thinking about applying to University, I need biology and chemistry, which I already have.

But, I am thinking about changing my options. Of course, I am keeping biology and chemistry, but I am contemplating a move to sociology

Are psychology and sociology (along with biology and chemistry) suitable subjects for applying for medicine?

I would greatly appreciate a reply.

Thanks,

Sami

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sami13
Hi,

So my name is Sami and I am thinking about applying for medicine next year, in year 13.

Although I have already chosen my options: biology; chemistry; geography; psychology.

However, as I am thinking about applying to Birmingham University, I need biology and chemistry, which I already have.

But, I am thinking about changing my options. Of course, I am keeping biology and chemistry, but I am contemplating a move to sociology from geography.

Are psychology and sociology (along with biology and chemistry) suitable subjects for applying for medicine (at Birmingham University)?

I would greatly appreciate a reply, as this is a very stressful time for me.

Thanks,

Sami

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're fine yes. Having bio and chem as the core is the necessary thing.

Birmingham in particular has very high GCSE requirements. They're relaxed a bit this year, but are still very high. Maybe you should check that if you haven't already.
Keep Geography. It's more respected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Edminzodo
Keep Geography. It's more respected.

Ah, thank you for your advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say keep Geography because the unis will probably see it as a more academic subject in comparison to sociology
Reply 5
Original post by Joshua697
I'd say keep Geography because the unis will probably see it as a more academic subject in comparison to sociology

Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck for your AS levels!

Quick Reply

Latest