The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Hi I was wondering if the computer labs have a 3d printer? Or does the campus have one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by volume3
Hi I was wondering if the computer labs have a 3d printer? Or does the campus have one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi volume3

We do have quite a lot of 3D printers on campus. What are you studying?

Vicky
Reply 322
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi volume3

We do have quite a lot of 3D printers on campus. What are you studying?

Vicky

Ah great thank you! Computer science and artificial intelligence :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
hows psychology there?
Hi Vicky. When will the uni issue students' registration number, especially for those with unconditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ErinBliss
Hi Vicky. When will the uni issue students' registration number, especially for those with unconditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi ErinBliss

Registration opens six weeks before the start of term and everyone is sent info on how to register online after results day.
I don't think unconditional offer holders get to do theirs any sooner.

Hope that helps
Vicky
I've been waiting to pay for my room bond but I am not certain when, I've read on the accom website that it's gonna be issued by the end of July. Can you tell me exactly when the uni will expect us to pay for the room bond?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 327

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Erin, what you studying? I've ever waiting to pay for a room bond but still am to receive my student number. I don't know when they're planning on releasing it as the deadline was for the 31st?
(edited 8 years ago)
I've been waiting to pay for my room bond but I am not certain when, I've read on the accom website that it's gonna be issued by the end of July. Can you tell me exactly when the uni will expect us to pay for the room bond?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by volume3
Hey Erin, what you studying? I've ever waiting to pay for a room bond but still am to receive my student number. I don't know when they're planning on releasing it as the deadline was for the 31st?

Hi both

I've just spoken to the accommodation team and deadline isn't tomorrow for paying room bonds.

All you have to do is look out for an e-mail from The Accommodation Team (they've not been sent out yet) which will give you your registration number. From when you receive that e-mail, you then have 8 days to pay your bond.

So no need to worry about that right at the moment, just keep an eye out for e-mails.

Vicky
Alright, thanks Vicky :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright, thanks Vicky :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem, glad to help :smile:

Vicky
Reply 331
I've just got into loughborough as it was my insurance, but not quite sure of what to do about applying for accommodation?
Thanks. :smile:
Original post by s.cc
I've just got into loughborough as it was my insurance, but not quite sure of what to do about applying for accommodation?
Thanks. :smile:

Congratulations on gaining your place at Loughborough!

To apply for accommodation use the following link.

https://hallapply.lboro.ac.uk/

I hope that helps!

Rob
Reply 333
Congratulations on gaining your place at Loughborough!

To apply for accommodation use the following link.

https://hallapply.lboro.ac.uk/

I hope that helps!

Rob

Thanks, but when I try to register it tells me I'm ineligible.
Original post by s.cc
Thanks, but when I try to register it tells me I'm ineligible.

Hi s.cc

As you're an insurance student, you'll be eligible to apply for accommodation from Monday 17th August and submit your preferences. It's always worth keeping and eye on the accommodation announcements pages for updates and more details.

Hope that helps
Vicky
Reply 335
Hi s.cc

As you're an insurance student, you'll be eligible to apply for accommodation from Monday 17th August and submit your preferences. It's always worth keeping and eye on the accommodation announcements pages for updates and more details.

Hope that helps
Vicky

Ok. Thanks a lot!
Original post by s.cc
Ok. Thanks a lot!

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 337
You're welcome :smile:

Do Loughborough only make offers based on 3 A Level grades? We do the Cambridge Pre-U Global Perspectives A Level as our 4th AS and A2 qualification (which is worth more A level points than traditional A levels).We have been told that some universities e.g. Sheffiield and UCL have given offers to other pupils at school based on 3 A level grades or 2 A level grades plus a Distinction in the A2 Pre-U as the A2 research project is subject based. Do Loughborough do this? I will be applying for Psychology or Psychology with Criminology next year 2016 entry?
Original post by Wormit
Do Loughborough only make offers based on 3 A Level grades? We do the Cambridge Pre-U Global Perspectives A Level as our 4th AS and A2 qualification (which is worth more A level points than traditional A levels).We have been told that some universities e.g. Sheffiield and UCL have given offers to other pupils at school based on 3 A level grades or 2 A level grades plus a Distinction in the A2 Pre-U as the A2 research project is subject based. Do Loughborough do this? I will be applying for Psychology or Psychology with Criminology next year 2016 entry?

Hi Wormit

If you have a look here http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/your-lboro-uni/entrance-requirements/ you can see all the qualifications that we accept. Cambridge Pre-U is one of them.

Vicky
Reply 339
Does our freshers week start when we move into our accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending