The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Leniency for grades

I’m wanting to do Maths with Economics, need A*AB. Don’t think I’m going to get the grades but don’t think I’ll be too far off. Will I have a better chance than most just because me a-levels are maths, further maths and economics?
Reply 1
No, if u dont hit the required grades ur application will almost always be placed behind those who do, at a lot of unis ull be automatically rejected unless u have extenuating circumstances, the only way I can really think of u getting placed above someone in terms of chance of an application if ur not hitting the grade requirements, is if they are just doing the wrong A level choice for the uni. If u think that ur gonna get A* A B, then think of applying to a uni that has grade requirements around that area, dont go for unis that all require A* AA, if u wanna go for those kinds of unis, then u can obviously just work very hard, or pick ur subjects so that u have a better chance of getting the top grades
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
I sort of meant, will I be at the higher end in terms of students that didn’t meet the requirements and that require a decision from the uni. Obviously I’ll be behind those that get the grades I more meant those that didn’t
To be honest I doubt it. I'm presuming Maths is essential so there won't be much difference in the subjects being taken by most offer holders.
Reply 4
Fair enough, was half assuming a lower grade in further would be more suitable than a lower grade in something else
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by henrydoafc7
Fair enough, was half assuming a lower grade in further would be more suitable than a lower grade in something else

Probably not, unless its a subject specifically listed as being a subject that is desirable, then I doubt they would favour it, even if it is listed as desirable, that might just be because it would help u later in the course and they still wouldnt favour it
Original post by henrydoafc7
I’m wanting to do Maths with Economics, need A*AB. Don’t think I’m going to get the grades but don’t think I’ll be too far off. Will I have a better chance than most just because me a-levels are maths, further maths and economics?

Hi @henrydoafc7

Great to hear from you!

You may want to visit our FAQs page (https://www.lboro.ac.uk/clearing/offer-faqs/) for a little more information. If you still have any concerns about your application, please do get in touch with our admissions team by emailing [email protected].

If you have any other questions about life at Loughborough just let us know :smile:

Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending