The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

How lenient is Loughborough with entry grades?

Hi,

I have received an offer to study at Loughborough for ABB for Politics and IR, although my predicted grades are BBC. Now I'm not taking exams, Im worrying about whether or not I'll get in. Has anyone got any experience with not meeting the grade requirements for Loughborough? By how many points/grades?

Any help is appreciated! Thankyou all :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by oliviabaldwinnn
Hi,

I have received an offer to study at Loughborough for ABB for Politics and IR, although my predicted grades are BBC. Now I'm not taking exams, Im worrying about whether or not I'll get in. Has anyone got any experience with not meeting the grade requirements for Loughborough? By how many points/grades?

Any help is appreciated! Thankyou all :smile:

Congrats on the offer. The year I applied the offer for my course was A*AA, whereas in previous years the same course required AAB/ABB. I got A*BBB on results day and I was still accepted and I know someone on my course who got BBC. They do set the grades at a certain standard for a reason though and the people who got in with lower grades have generally struggled more (there are exceptions to this). All I recommend is working as hard as you can and get the best grades possible as it will only help you in the future.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by mjk9999
Congrats on the offer. The year I applied the offer for my course was A*AA, whereas in previous years the same course required AAB/ABB. I got A*BBB on results day and I was still accepted and I know someone on my course who got BBC. They do set the grades at a certain standard for a reason though and the people who got in with lower grades have generally struggled more (there are exceptions to this). All I recommend is working as hard as you can and get the best grades possible as it will only help you in the future.

hey, what course did you do if you dont mind me asking
do you know how lenient they are with civil engineering?
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

Great to hear from you :smile:

You may want to visit our FAQs page here for a little more information around your question.

If you have any questions about life at Loughborough in the meantime, let me know

- Lindsay
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous

As I'm sure you're aware, Loughborough is particularly strong in certain fields (e.g. sports science / physical education; certain engineering subjects, and business studies).

However, despite this there is SOME leniency in entry, apart from the most prestigious courses (e.g. Aeronautical Engineering, and some of the undergraduate masters course). as engineering courses are still (in general) typically under subscribed, so this results in SOME tolerance / flexibility, provided you're not way off the mark... so you've nothing to lose by enquiring as said above.

Worst case scenario, they offer an Engineering foundation year, that sets you up to join any engineering course... but of course, that adds another year to your studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending