The Student Room Group

HELP! A-level choices?!

Hi there! So, I'm currently in Yr 11 and am near to choosing my A-level choices. Currently, I have decided to do History, Spanish and Maths, but I am struggling on my fourth choice. At the moment, I am deliberating between Ancient Greek and Latin (the languages, not Classical civilisation). I am also contemplating Further Maths as a 5th option.

What do you think? I'm predicted all A* at GCSE (hopefully I will actually get that), and at Uni, I'm looking at History - but a Classics degree or a Spanish degree is still on the cards.

Thanks
Would Ancient Greek or Latin be more useful to your degree? Have you looked at History/Ancient History degree courses and seen what their modules have?

Do either Latin or Ancient Greek support your Spanish learning? If so, which one does so better?

Which language do you find comes more naturally to you? And more importantly, which language do you find more enjoyable to learn?

Finally, have you looked at the modules you'll be taking for both subjects? Which appeals to you more?

Quick Reply

Latest