The Student Room Group

Mental health nursing applicants 2015?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lcox
Same! At 12:45?

The email says to be there for 8:45 but I'm assuming were at the same one :smile:
Original post by EThom12
Hello! I applied to Manchester, USW, Nottingham, Surrey and De Montfort and have put Manchester as my firm and USW as my insurance! Really excited for September to come around :-)

Heya! I think I'm gonna firm Manchester too! Have you chose accomdoation yet? :smile:
Reply 182
Original post by Amieviolet
The email says to be there for 8:45 but I'm assuming were at the same one :smile:

Really? Mine doesn't say be there for 8:45 so they might be doing two lots of interviews on the same day maybe
Original post by Lcox
Really? Mine doesn't say be there for 8:45 so they might be doing two lots of interviews on the same day maybe

There is 2 lots of interviews that day :smile: cos mine was meant to be at 12.45 then when I had to change it they let me know other available dates/times. Just incase you got worried you had to be there for 8.45 lol!
Reply 184
Hey I'm starting in March at Sheffield Hallam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by localmilk
Is there any applicants on here hoping to go onto mental health nursing at university in 2015?
what are you currently studying and where are your 5 choices?
Im studying Health studies currently and my 5 choices are Sheffield hallam, Leeds university, Huddersfield, Manchester and York!

Looks like I've joined this a little bit late, but anywho! I'm new. :smile: I'm currently studing BTEC Children's Care, National Diploma. My 5 choices are Salford, Stirling, Glasgow, Oxford Brookes and Queens. Have you been emailed about interviews, applicant days or anything yet? :3
Reply 186
Original post by Prince of Mind
I dont know for certain but from all the reading ive done about interviews (and ive done a lot) its seems that the sort of questions likely to come up will be those about what you wrote on your PS, why you want to do it, what makes you think you'll be good at it, experience you have that may relate to the course/ job, discussions on recent events in the news about the subject area.
You'll also probably have to do a basic maths and english test but if you passed GCSE (which you need to have done to get on the course) then these should be no problem at all. All you need to know for them is basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios, fractions. May sound a bit daunting but if you look it up online you can find some mock maths tests for nursing interviews and I believe most only require a 50% pass.
Im sure you'll do great! :biggrin:
I have my interview at Brighton on the 23rd so I'll be sure to let you know exactly what came up there and hope you can cram it into your last minute panic before your interview.
Good Luck!

Thank you so much! Those were all great tips. I never would have thought about keeping up with the news!! :biggrin: Anyways good luck with your interview!! :smile:
Reply 187
Original post by Lcox
I have an interview at BCU for mental health on the 23rd! x

Omg that's crazy!
Good luck!! And I hope to here from you how it went xx
Manchester declined me as I have a sociology degree, despite the fact that Manchester offer sociology degrees themselves. Does anyone know how long Salford take to get back to you? I applied for the undergraduate degree on 19th of Dec but haven't heard back yet.
Reply 189
Original post by _Hazel_
Omg that's crazy!
Good luck!! And I hope to here from you how it went xx

i will let you know :smile: xx
To the people who've had interviews or have interviews coming up; what did you wear?!
I don't have a clue, is it really formal, like a job interview? Or smart casual? :confused::biggrin:
Just sent my application, after only deciding to apply a week ago! So nervous...

I've applied to Wolverhampton, Coventry, Staffordshire, Keele and De Montfort. Other than Staffs and Keele (which are in my home town) I have no idea what the campuses are like. Figured I'd go and look at them if I get an offer. Anyone have opinions on these campuses?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PurpleElephant
To the people who've had interviews or have interviews coming up; what did you wear?!
I don't have a clue, is it really formal, like a job interview? Or smart casual? :confused::biggrin:

I'd go with smart casual! While I was at uni, a couple of friends were saying they went to their interviews dressed really formally, and just felt overdressed. Admissions know we're young people, and unless formal wear is required through your degree, I doubt they'd expect it at the interview. Just dress smartly and act professional!
Original post by _Hazel_
I have an interview for BCU for mental health on the 26th of this month. I'm beyond nervous!!! .. Any tips would be sooo helpful on how I can prepare. And does anyone know how long the whole process will be, and what sort of questions they might ask?? Thanks x

I'm going to be at that interview too!! So nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have an interview for BCU on the 2nd March at 8:30am... woooooo! :biggrin:
Birmingham City University interview - 8:30 am on 24 February 2015. Luckily i live 10 minutes away, 8:30 am is rather early ^_^ :biggrin:
So many people have interviews for BCU and I haven't heard anything! When did you all apply? I applied just over a month ago :frown:
Application sent December 11th.

Original post by PurpleElephant
So many people have interviews for BCU and I haven't heard anything! When did you all apply? I applied just over a month ago :frown:
Reply 198
I had an interview for mental health nursing at Hertfordshire on 7th jam and have just been offered a conditional offer!!! So happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got an interview at BCU on the 2nd March at 12:30! Anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending