The Student Room Group

Mental health nursing applicants 2015?

Scroll to see replies

Update:
University of Wolverhampton - Conditional Offer :rolleyes:
Staffordshire University - Did not attend the interview, hence (Unsuccessful). :biggrin:
Birmingham City University - Interview 24/2 :biggrin:
De Monfort University - Withdrawn application. :cool:
Original post by KittyAnneR
Hello! I've got an interview on April 1st for Nottingham, does anyone else? :smile:

Hey I do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey just wondering if anyone has had an interview for birmingham City?
I had one on the 2nd feb for mental health nursing, and they said they would get back to me 7-10 days however it's almost 3 weeks now :frown:. My friend had an interview for adult nursing a week ago and got a offer yesterday. So just getting a bit worried now as its my first choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emsiej82
Got my interview at Salford on the 25th :smile:, what was the exam and interview like hun, really want this uni?.

Emma :s-smilie:

Maths was hard, swot up on fractions, ratios and decimals, English was easy. The interview asks you things like why you chose salford uni, what qualities and skills do you think a mental health nurse has, talk about a time you supported someone vulnerable and talk about a time you used problem solving to support a client.
Reply 384
Original post by bekkilili
Hey :smile: Has anyone had a interview at Worcester yet? How is the interview and what sort of thing did people bring in as their item that motivated them to apply for mental heath nursing? I'm so nervous! x

Hey! ive got my interview at worcester next weds!.. im currently doing a foundation degree in mental health there and one of my tutors used to be on the interview panel(not anympre) so has given me some tips, hope these help!!...
-what are the 6c's
-your object which encouraged you to do mental health and why.. not a photo!
-look at the staff list who teach mental health to familiarise who they are
-why do u want to do that field of nursing
-reserach your field of nursing
dress comfortable but smart
-research the cpourse info for that uni
-know your personal statement
-try not to stutter but dont be too confident in group interviews just to be heard
-research relevant mental health issues in the media atm!..
GOOD LUCK :smile:
Original post by Laurenloza90

Is that for MH? X
Reply 386
Yeah for mental health and general nursing by the sounds were allp ut together but not too sure ! Xx
Is that for MH? X

Ye :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Facebook? X
Original post by MolluscBaby
Hello! I was the black girl in the gray dress! Well done on your offer- potentially see you again in September! :smile:

Hi,
I got offered an unconditional offer on friday morning too - ive accepted it cos its where i wanna be - im Julie - the big girl with the pink handbag - think i sat with u on lunch Isabel? X
Original post by CheekyVodka
Hi,
I got offered an unconditional offer on friday morning too - ive accepted it cos its where i wanna be - im Julie - the big girl with the pink handbag - think i sat with u on lunch Isabel? X

Aw, I'm glad you both got offers too! Everyone at the interview seemed so nice, I'd be happy to be on the course with any of you.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to withdraw my other applications and accept this offer, but really really can't decide. I have an interview at Coventry in March, and am waiting to hear back from DMU, but it would be nice to just accept staffs since I know I'll be quite happy there.

What do I do????
Original post by MolluscBaby
Aw, I'm glad you both got offers too! Everyone at the interview seemed so nice, I'd be happy to be on the course with any of you.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to withdraw my other applications and accept this offer, but really really can't decide. I have an interview at Coventry in March, and am waiting to hear back from DMU, but it would be nice to just accept staffs since I know I'll be quite happy there.

What do I do????

Aw you have plenty of time to decide - go with wherever you prefer - but i'd check out all your options first.
I went staffs n keele open days last year n fell in love with staffs - didnt like keele at all - so disorganised.
Going to staffs in sept is like a dream come true.
Were we in the same discussion group?
Original post by CheekyVodka
Hi,

Yes you did! Well done, hopefully see you both in September! :smile:
Original post by bekkilili
Hey :smile: Has anyone had a interview at Worcester yet? How is the interview and what sort of thing did people bring in as their item that motivated them to apply for mental heath nursing? I'm so nervous! x
I have. I took something called a Sorgenfresser (worry eater). I talked about anxiety. I found the interview really hard. The maths and English was also pretty hard. You also have a few other stations. (Group, patient interaction.) it's pretty hard. I didn't get in. But just try your hardest and I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Facebook? X

I'll msg you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Laurenloza90
Hey just wondering if anyone has had an interview for birmingham City?
I had one on the 2nd feb for mental health nursing, and they said they would get back to me 7-10 days however it's almost 3 weeks now :frown:. My friend had an interview for adult nursing a week ago and got a offer yesterday. So just getting a bit worried now as its my first choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still haven't heard of them either. And I'm in the same situation. First choice. Fingers crossed.
Has anybody been interviewed by York yet? What was the interview like?
Anyone else got interviews at nottingham or Lincoln? My notts is on April 29th (so late?) and my Lincoln one is on March 23rd

I've had my York interview an York os where I really want to go, or nottingham.

Still waiting to hear from hull and Leeds beckett... Anyone else still waiting? I put my application in 13th January
Original post by Skrittles
Anyone else got interviews at nottingham or Lincoln? My notts is on April 29th (so late?) and my Lincoln one is on March 23rd

I've had my York interview an York os where I really want to go, or nottingham.

Still waiting to hear from hull and Leeds beckett... Anyone else still waiting? I put my application in 13th January

I do have one for Nottingham, but it's on April 1st. Where is your first choice? X
I do have one for Nottingham, but it's on April 1st. Where is your first choice? X

York and Nottingham are more or less equal, although I live near york so I rather go there because I don't want to be far away from my friends, family and boyfriend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending