The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University of Surrey: 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rose96_
I just received an unconditional offer today! Omg I'm sooooo happy!! I'm picking Surrey as my firm too ������������������ I live in North London, 1 hour 30 mins away from my house. Would you be staying the campus? And I applied for Northampton, Chester, Oxford Brookes and Hertfordshire, what about you ?

Congrats!!! Yeah, I'm living on campus next year, what about you? I was thinking stag hill, but my friend said they're quite small so manor park is best for flat parties, except it's a 20 min walk. I applied for Oxford Brooke's aswell, but also Portsmouth, Edinburgh Napier, and York St John.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 281
Original post by Heyitsem96
Congrats!!! Yeah, I'm living on campus next year, what about you? I was thinking stag hill, but my friend said they're quite small so manor park is best for flat parties, except it's a 20 min walk. I applied for Oxford Brooke's aswell, but also Portsmouth, Edinburgh Napier, and York St John.

Thankyouuu!😁 and yeah I'm going to living on campus too, I was thinking to stay in manor park the rooms are so nice and big! I really don't mind the 20min walk lool, it's 5/10min with the bus. I saw the rooms in stag hill last year when I went to the applicant day I didn't like it at all! It's so small and so dark I hated it, I wouldn't want to stay there ! I really liked oxford brookes too, but surrey is ranked 1st for hospitality and tourism👍 so I will be picking surrey as my firm

Original post by Rose96_
Thankyouuu! and yeah I'm going to living on campus too, I was thinking to stay in manor park the rooms are so nice and big! I really don't mind the 20min walk lool, it's 5/10min with the bus. I saw the rooms in stag hill last year when I went to the applicant day I didn't like it at all! It's so small and so dark I hated it, I wouldn't want to stay there ! I really liked oxford brookes too, but surrey is ranked 1st for hospitality and tourism so I will be picking surrey as my firm

Hey! I think I'm going to end up choosing one of the a-c level halls on campus, because I'd rather be close to campus, but I don't want to spend loads. Good thing is that Surrey's halls are almost half the cost of Oxford Brookes :biggrin:! My mum went to Oxford Brookes back in the 80's and she seemed to enjoy it, plus I really like the gastronomica and bacchus societies, so it will probably be my insurance. Did you just do a gap year (because you got an unconditional)?
Reply 283
Hey peeps, first post here! I've applied to study Creative Music Technology starting in September, I had my interview on Wednesday and it went pretty well, all things considered. Just wondering how long I can expect to wait before I hear if I have an offer or not? Cheers!

Anyone else applied for CMT here? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Got an offer in January to study biomedical science. I am studying level 3 btec medical science and some a levels. My offer was DDD and my predicted D*D*D. But I want to get triple D* as I want to get the scholarship! I got rejected from Durham :/ and still waiting on offers from Leicester, Bradford and York. Don't think I will receive any more offers though. Anyone else got in with a Btec? ☺️

As long as you want it and work for it hard enough, there is not a thing you cannot achieve. Mobile
Original post by JohnsHatun
Got an offer in January to study biomedical science. I am studying level 3 btec medical science and some a levels. My offer was DDD and my predicted D*D*D. But I want to get triple D* as I want to get the scholarship! I got rejected from Durham :/ and still waiting on offers from Leicester, Bradford and York. Don't think I will receive any more offers though. Anyone else got in with a Btec? ☺️

As long as you want it and work for it hard enough, there is not a thing you cannot achieve. Mobile

Hey, I'm a current biomed student, if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Original post by KiwiMonkey96
Hey, I'm a current biomed student, if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Oh thats great. Thanks a lot - I shall pm you!!

Reply 287
I've just been given a conditional offer for adult nursing. I'm so excited as this was my first choice. I want an en-suite room but am worried about affording it all.
The Applicant Day was fantastic :frown:

Which means I'll have to firm Surrey, even though I'm not sure I'll be able to get the grades and don't really want to go anywhere else now...
I don't know whether to choose surrey or Cardiff as my insurance (doubt I'll meet my firm conditions) On one hand, surrey is a better uni in every sense possible but Cardiff do a better course and I don't think I'll be able to stand living in guildford.
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
I don't know whether to choose surrey or Cardiff as my insurance (doubt I'll meet my firm conditions) On one hand, surrey is a better uni in every sense possible but Cardiff do a better course and I don't think I'll be able to stand living in guildford.

The course is obviously important, but what do you mean by 'living in guildford'?

I went around the campus and the accommodation looked good, but didn't actually go into guildford itself? Is it bad?

My advice would be to forget about all the statistics and which is seen as 'better' and think about where you would be happier. Remember you will be at this uni for 3 years at least (unless you drop out of course) so you've got to feel comfortable with where you go, this includes your insurance choice as you may end up needing to go there.
Original post by Comeback
The course is obviously important, but what do you mean by 'living in guildford'?

I went around the campus and the accommodation looked good, but didn't actually go into guildford itself? Is it bad?

I hate guildford. My aunt lives there and I hate visiting the town so much because it's so dull and lifeless. Even when I went to the uni, the surrounding area was horrible until I reached campus. Course is important but there's no point going somewhere where I know I'll be unhappy with, unless I stay within the campus
Original post by KiwiMonkey96
My advice would be to forget about all the statistics and which is seen as 'better' and think about where you would be happier. Remember you will be at this uni for 3 years at least (unless you drop out of course) so you've got to feel comfortable with where you go, this includes your insurance choice as you may end up needing to go there.

Oh no, when I meant 'better', I meant that I preferred it to Cardiff. I've visited both and I loved the atmosphere and general feel of surrey and its campus but not so much with guildoford
Oh no, when I meant 'better', I meant that I preferred it to Cardiff. I've visited both and I loved the atmosphere and general feel of surrey and its campus but not so much with guildoford

Oh, ok, fair enough. But the point still stands that you should try and choose what will make you happier, which isn't always easy granted, but try and think about what is most important to you in a university and see which uni seems to suit those more.
Reply 295

I'm in the exact same position as you are. I can choose between them since I have visited Surrey uni but I did not explore Guildford so much, and life in Cardiff seems really enjoyble since Cardiff is a big city.:frown:
Reply 296

I'm thinking the same as you with Surrey and Newcastle.. I think I'm siding with Surrey though, because I liked the general feel of the campus, and with London being 30mins away, there are benefits like shopping, nightlife, attractions etc. just on your doorstep.
Reply 297
Hey guys! I also have to choose between Surrey and Aberdeen or Edinburgh. I haven't visited any of them apart from Edinburgh and I really don't know what to expect from the others :frown: I just read an article on the internet saying that Guildford was named UK's tourist destination of 2014 so I assume it's not that dull, but I don't know what to say....
As far as costs are concerned I was a bit surprised to see that they are lower than in Oxford, for example... I thought they would be almost as high as in London.
(edited 9 years ago)
I have got an Offer for International Business Management!! Has anyone else applied and got an offer to my course?? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 299
Original post by JohnsHatun

I got an offer for biomed with btec as well:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending