The Student Room Group

How likely am I to get offers from Unys?

For context, my A levels are Business, Economics and Politics and the predicted grades for these are AAA, and alos did a EPQ on the Stock Market Crash of 1929 and got a B on that

I also learned to use SQL (Structured Query Language, it's basically a programming tool) in the my free time. I had a meeting with a data analyst which suggested I learn it, I also included that I meet with him in my personal statement.

And I am also speak 2 other languages (excluding English ofc) moldovan and Russian (don't worry guys I'm not Russian)
And alos just to clarify I'm NOT a international student, I have British citizenship

I'm applying for a Finance course at these unys:
Dhurm
Exeter
Lancaster
Cardiff
Surrey

How likely am I to get offers from these unys?
Reply 1
Original post by MARCU51
For context, my A levels are Business, Economics and Politics and the predicted grades for these are AAA, and alos did a EPQ on the Stock Market Crash of 1929 and got a B on that

I also learned to use SQL (Structured Query Language, it's basically a programming tool) in the my free time. I had a meeting with a data analyst which suggested I learn it, I also included that I meet with him in my personal statement.

And I am also speak 2 other languages (excluding English ofc) moldovan and Russian (don't worry guys I'm not Russian)
And alos just to clarify I'm NOT a international student, I have British citizenship

Dhurm
Exeter
Lancaster
Cardiff
Surrey

Who knows??!:dontknow:
If you meet their entry requirements and your application is good then there's nothing stopping you from receiving an offer. At the end of the day, it's up to he university.
Reply 2
Original post by MARCU51

Dhurm
Exeter
Lancaster
Cardiff
Surrey

If you meet the entry requirements then it's likely you'll receive an offer from them :smile:

However, the offer, for some universities is only just the first step! Sometimes you go to interviews and that's another hard thing to prepare for!

Most importantly, be sure to work to achieve your target grades, especially if the offers are conditional! However, in rare cases, 'unconditional' offers can be withdrawn if your grades really drop. Though, you sound really smart, so you got this!
Reply 3
Original post by CAB18022
If you meet the entry requirements then it's likely you'll receive an offer from them :smile:

However, the offer, for some universities is only just the first step! Sometimes you go to interviews and that's another hard thing to prepare for!

Most importantly, be sure to work to achieve your target grades, especially if the offers are conditional! However, in rare cases, 'unconditional' offers can be withdrawn if your grades really drop. Though, you sound really smart, so you got this!

Ty. An unconditional offer would be really nice.
Have gone to any interviews yet, and if yes how did they go?
Reply 4
Original post by MARCU51

I haven't been to any when I applied, but I know a few people have, even in Universities that are not Oxford and Cambridge! I know one who did well and got in.
"And alos just to clarify I'm NOT a international student, I have British citizenship"

I should probably point out that British citizenship does not guarantee that you are a home student. It is based on residency.
Original post by MARCU51

Those universities dont make unconditional offers. Any offer you receive will have set grades you need to reach.
Reply 7
Original post by melancollege
"And alos just to clarify I'm NOT a international student, I have British citizenship"

I should probably point out that British citizenship does not guarantee that you are a home student. It is based on residency.

I have that covered to
Original post by MARCU51
I have that covered to

Ah okay good good, I just thought I ought to mention that in case it became a nasty surprise.
Original post by MARCU51

Dhurm
Exeter
Lancaster
Cardiff
Surrey

Hi Marcu51,

It seems like you have a very impressive profile! As I‘m sure you’re already aware, universities not only look for grades, but your interests and hobbies are also quite influential towards your application! I think it‘s excellent that you mentioned you take up a programming tool because that just enhances your application more and makes you stand out from other applicants. I can‘t say for sure but as a fellow student you have nothing to worry about!

If you have other questions about Surrey or just university in general, feel free to send me a message or reply to this comment! Good luck with your application!

Best wishes,
Janelle (they/she)
International Hospitality and Tourism Management (BSc)
Original post by MARCU51

Dhurm
Exeter
Lancaster
Cardiff
Surrey

Hey there!

At Surrey, we offer Finance at the Undergraduate level in two of our courses:

Accounting and Finance https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/accounting-and-finance#entry
Entry Requirements: ABB

Economics and Finance https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/economics-and-finance#entry
Entry Requirements: AAB

Based on the predicted grades, you fulfill the entry requirements, but we require you to submit a full application so that we can formally assess whether you meet the criteria published. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide an outcome based on an enquiry.

I hope this helps, and we wish you the best of luck with your application!

Theodora
Bsc International Relations
Reply 11
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hey there!

At Surrey, we offer Finance at the Undergraduate level in two of our courses:

Accounting and Finance https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/accounting-and-finance#entry
Entry Requirements: ABB

Economics and Finance https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/economics-and-finance#entry
Entry Requirements: AAB

Based on the predicted grades, you fulfill the entry requirements, but we require you to submit a full application so that we can formally assess whether you meet the criteria published. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide an outcome based on an enquiry.

I hope this helps, and we wish you the best of luck with your application!

Theodora
Bsc International Relations

Hi, first of all thanks for the information. Second of all I received a offer from Surrey last Thursday, and am quite happy with the offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending