Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
I already applied for accommodation, you don't need to wait till April
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
How do you apply for it ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't you hve to have an unconditional to apply for accompdation?
Original post by #freegaza
How do you apply for it ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/accommodation/applicants/students/

scroll down to new students 15/16, click 'apply online now' then you register/create an accommodation account

Original post by Cutiepatootie175
Don't you hve to have an unconditional to apply for accompdation?

nope I have a conditional offer and I've applied
I really want to be in halls on campus, is there any way to make sure I don't get placed in Manor Park?
Original post by Alice9717
I really want to be in halls on campus, is there any way to make sure I don't get placed in Manor Park?

No, but it is possible to swap with someone on campus.
So, for example, I really want to be on manor park, so if you got manor park and I got campus, we might be able to swap.

There's a whole period of time in which accommodation can be swapped. Or at least that's what my friend says who goes there :smile:
Original post by Cara_rose
No, but it is possible to swap with someone on campus.
So, for example, I really want to be on manor park, so if you got manor park and I got campus, we might be able to swap.

There's a whole period of time in which accommodation can be swapped. Or at least that's what my friend says who goes there :smile:

That's correct, but I will point out you can't swap till the end of October so you have to move into your allocated room first and then move again if you find someone to swap with about a month later.
Yh I think you can only apply if you firm but Im sure you're only guaranteed of you firm for sire? Ill be firming for biomed. Anyone else firming for biomed?

As long as you want it and work for it hard enough, there is not a thing you cannot achieve. Mobile
Original post by JohnsHatun
Yh I think you can only apply if you firm but Im sure you're only guaranteed of you firm for sire? Ill be firming for biomed. Anyone else firming for biomed?

As long as you want it and work for it hard enough, there is not a thing you cannot achieve. Mobile

You can only apply if you've firmed, but all first years are guaranteed, the main difference for those who have it as their insurance or get in through clearing is that there is less rooms available at the time they apply.
Original post by KiwiMonkey96
You can only apply if you've firmed, but all first years are guaranteed, the main difference for those who have it as their insurance or get in through clearing is that there is less rooms available at the time they apply.

Yeah that makes sense. Are you living in halls? I have a few questions to ask... ☺️

Yeah that makes sense. Are you living in halls? I have a few questions to ask... ☺️

Yh, I am :smile:
Yh, I am :smile:

Hey! Thanks for your reply lol. What court are you at and what band is your room? 😊

Hey! Thanks for your reply lol. What court are you at and what band is your room? ������

I'm in international house, band D.
I'm in international house, band D.

I really want band D too!! Whats it like there? I mean in terms of the atmosphere? And does the kitchen get busy around meal times or does everyone have a different schedule?

I really want band D too!! Whats it like there? I mean in terms of the atmosphere? And does the kitchen get busy around meal times or does everyone have a different schedule?

I like where I am. The room's a reasonable size, it's not massive but most students don't need an awful lots of space. The ensuite is quite small but then you don't need it to be as its only for one person, there is enough space to move around though, it doesn't feel cramped then your in there. Atmosphere will depend what courts of residence you are in and the people around there, I find my room is usually fairly quiet and I like that because I like to work in my room. People do have different schedules, and you are very unlikely to get everyone in there at once, but I can't say it never gets a bit tight. If a few people decide they want to get food at the same time it can, as expected, get quite busy. It also depends how many is in your flat. My flat has 7 but in some courts of residence there can be up to about 14 I think, so these are more likely to get busy I suspect.
(edited 9 years ago)
I like where I am. The room's a reasonable size, it's not massive but most students don't need an awful lots of space. The ensuite is quite small but then you don't need it to be as its only for one person, there is enough space to move around though, it doesn't feel cramped then your in there. Atmosphere will depend what courts of residence you are in and the people around there, I find my room is usually fairly quiet and I like that because I like to work in my room. People do have different schedules, and you are very unlikely to get everyone in there at once, but I can't say it never gets a bit tight. If a few people decide they want to get food at the same time it can, as expected, get quite busy. It also depends how many is in your flat. My flat has 7 but in some courts of residence there can be up to about 14 I think, so these are more likely to get busy I suspect.

Hmmmmm. This may be a stupid question but is there hot water 24 hrs? Cos some I visited didnt have hot water for 24 hrs.. And does your room get too hot or too cold? And btw, what course do you study? Thank youuuu☺️☺️

Hmmmmm. This may be a stupid question but is there hot water 24 hrs? Cos some I visited didnt have hot water for 24 hrs.. And does your room get too hot or too cold? And btw, what course do you study? Thank youuuu☺️☺️

There is generally hot water 24/7 unless there's an issue which then is reported and sorted, I'm not sure how this is done, there's a girl in my flat that usually sorts it :tongue: I find my room can get quite hot, but I think that's just me. You can change the temperature on the radiator, if you still think its too hot or too cold you can report that if you think its quite bad. One of the girls in my flat has been given a heater as hers was way too cold.
I'm studying biomed, as I see you want to do :tongue:.
There is generally hot water 24/7 unless there's an issue which then is reported and sorted, I'm not sure how this is done, there's a girl in my flat that usually sorts it :tongue: I find my room can get quite hot, but I think that's just me. You can change the temperature on the radiator, if you still think its too hot or too cold you can report that if you think its quite bad. One of the girls in my flat has been given a heater as hers was way too cold.
I'm studying biomed, as I see you want to do :tongue:.

Omg thats awesome!!! And yeah I have an offer to do biomed and I'll probably be going there as I do a btec and my results will be finalised in a few months so I know that Its likely I'll be there. Im so excited! Im social but worried about the people Ill be with in halls and they may not want to be social or want to engage in stuff. I just hope I get my first room choice and the room is clean!! Whats biomed like? Thanks a lot for answering my questions btw!!! 😘😘😘

Omg thats awesome!!! And yeah I have an offer to do biomed and I'll probably be going there as I do a btec and my results will be finalised in a few months so I know that Its likely I'll be there. Im so excited! Im social but worried about the people Ill be with in halls and they may not want to be social or want to engage in stuff. I just hope I get my first room choice and the room is clean!! Whats biomed like? Thanks a lot for answering my questions btw!!! 😘😘😘

I like the course, its what I've wanted to do for years. You'll probably find you'll love some modules and not so much others, it depends on individual preference. There's quite a lot in the lectures, for most modules there's just over 300, so most lecturers are unlikely to ever get to know who you are, and some students find it difficult to ask questions during the lecture because of this, but they always give you time at the end to come up to them individually if they can.
Your room will be clean when you arrive, if not complain, they should be cleaning it before you move in .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending