The Student Room Group

University with campuses similar to Leeds?

So basically I'm at the point where I need to choose 5 universities to apply for. I've been to Leeds and absolutely loved the campus style but can't afford to look around many other universities. So does anyone have any ideas of universities with a similar style of campus to Leeds? Would be a great help!
Reply 1
Newcastle. Great city and university. Similar style to Leeds
Original post by EliseWoods
So basically I'm at the point where I need to choose 5 universities to apply for. I've been to Leeds and absolutely loved the campus style but can't afford to look around many other universities. So does anyone have any ideas of universities with a similar style of campus to Leeds? Would be a great help!

Agreed. I've been to newcastle and it's pretty much the same as Leeds, except I found the city less trashy (literally, there was so much rubbish all over the streets in Leeds idk)
Original post by marple
Newcastle. Great city and university. Similar style to Leeds

I thought Newcastle was a city based uni

Birmingham and Nottingham
Reply 5
Original post by jelly1000

Newcastle campus is next to the city centre, Leeds is pretty much the same. Neither are campus universities in the way that Nottingham is. I went to Leeds and live close to Newcastle and would study at either of them again in a heartbeat!
Original post by marple
Newcastle campus is next to the city centre, Leeds is pretty much the same. Neither are campus universities in the way that Nottingham is. I went to Leeds and live close to Newcastle and would study at either of them again in a heartbeat!

Nottingham isn't that far from the city though
Reply 7
Nottingham isn't that far from the city though

Leeds is walking distance from the city centre and so is Newcastle. The main Nottingham campus is outside the actual city, although I agree it isn't far. It is an excellent university.
Original post by marple
Leeds is walking distance from the city centre and so is Newcastle. The main Nottingham campus is outside the actual city, although I agree it isn't far. It is an excellent university.

true
Aston University is quite similar. Much smaller and not quite as "nice" in my opinion though.

Newcastle like Sheffield and Leeds sit in a sort cross between city and campus uni

the actual university teaching / research / public spaces buildings ( and one of the teaching hospitals in each case - RVI, Hallamshire and LGI) are clustered close together and form a campus but close to the city and still with fairly major roads and 'civilian' pedestrian and public transport flows through them etc ....

Accomodation ranges from bang on site to a few miles out ...

a true campus uni is somewhere like Keele or York

Nottingham sits a little closer to the campus ideal but is not entirely self contained like a 'true' campus uni
Reply 11
Thank you guys so much!
Reply 12
Original post by zippyRN
Newcastle like Sheffield and Leeds sit in a sort cross between city and campus uni

the actual university teaching / research / public spaces buildings ( and one of the teaching hospitals in each case - RVI, Hallamshire and LGI) are clustered close together and form a campus but close to the city and still with fairly major roads and 'civilian' pedestrian and public transport flows through them etc ....

Sounds a lot like Cardiff University.
Original post by c2uk
Sounds a lot like Cardiff University.

More like Southampton! !!! Wooooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leeds Beckett?
What course is it that you're wanting to do? :smile:
Original post by zippyRN

a true campus uni is somewhere like Keele or York

Nottingham sits a little closer to the campus ideal but is not entirely self contained like a 'true' campus uni

Makes me think of QMUL - might be one for op to consider

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending