The Student Room Group

Uni help

Hi, I need help applying for universities I want to apply for ones which are good and well known. I'm applying for Mathematics and Economics, I'm currently studying;

Maths
Further Maths
Economics

Last year my grades where B,C,E (Economics, Maths and FM respectively), however I'm retaking C2, S1, FP1 and D2 to pull my 2 maths grades up to either 2 B's or an A and C

I'm predicted an A,B,C and I've applied for :
Surrey - AAA
Loughborough - ABB
Royal Holloway - ABB
Aston - ABB
Brighton - BBB

I don't really want to go to any of those apart from either Loughborough or Brighton, I would appreciate any help in helping me choose different universities which are still well known but with lower grade requirements and which is still really good.

Thanks in advance, please help me
Reply 1
I don't think you'll find what you're looking for. Consider acing A2s, and applying after a gap year if you want to apply for great unis. TBH, your current choices seem over-ambitious to me with those AS, so a gap year is probably the best option.
Reply 2
Original post by TVIO
I don't think you'll find what you're looking for. Consider acing A2s, and applying after a gap year if you want to apply for great unis. TBH, your current choices seem over-ambitious to me with those AS, so a gap year is probably the best option.

My parents will literally kill me if I take a Gap Year, it's not something I can do. Thank you though
Reply 3
Original post by HadjerBoum
My parents will literally kill me if I take a Gap Year, it's not something I can do. Thank you though

My parents would have been the same, I know what you mean. But it's realistically your best chance of getting to a good uni. I know it's hard but you've got to have a realistic and open discussion with them.
Reply 4
Original post by TVIO
My parents would have been the same, I know what you mean. But it's realistically your best chance of getting to a good uni. I know it's hard but you've got to have a realistic and open discussion with them.

I've decided that if I don't get the graded needed for the universities I've chosen, I'll do a mathematics foundation year maybe, or stay an extra year in sixth form - although I know it's not ideal I guess it would be the best way to pull up my grades.

Quick Reply

Latest