The Student Room Group

Chest and stomach bloating

As the title says, my chest and stomach bloat and become really uncomfortable.

I don't know what causes it; I don't think I'm intolerant to foods (or if I am, not massively) but this problem's bothering me.

You know how when you inhale, your stomach/diaphragm expands? Well, when I'm bloated it doesn't/can't because I'm so bloated anyway. I'm reluctant to go to see a Doctor because what if it turns out I'm just (very) fat?

If any of you have similar experiences and/or solutions, I'd be really grateful to hear them
That doesn't really sound like fat. Is it very taunt when it is bloated? It does sound like you have an intolerance or even an allergy, perhaps you can't digest salt which can be very bloating anyway. Are you drinking enough water? If you are in discomfort I would go and see your GP just for peace of mind. (p.s. I get these symptoms when I eat rice which is why it might be an intolerance)
It does sound like it might be an intolerance to something... people with lactose itolerance and a variety of others show similar symptoms
Original post by Anonymous
As the title says, my chest and stomach bloat and become really uncomfortable.

I don't know what causes it; I don't think I'm intolerant to foods (or if I am, not massively) but this problem's bothering me.

You know how when you inhale, your stomach/diaphragm expands? Well, when I'm bloated it doesn't/can't because I'm so bloated anyway. I'm reluctant to go to see a Doctor because what if it turns out I'm just (very) fat?

If any of you have similar experiences and/or solutions, I'd be really grateful to hear them

See a doctor. Might have some inflammation of your stomach.

Quick Reply

Latest