The Student Room Group

AQA Further maths grade boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trihawk7
So all the **** my exam board makes me go through and still doesn't even allow me higher than A*... shoot me

Seriously, be grateful. On more than one occasion, my A^ hasn't actually been recognised and it's not been counted as a qualification. I'd much rather have an A* that people recognise than a A^ that people don't. It makes my UCAS form look really ugly.
Original post by Chlorophile
Seriously, be grateful. On more than one occasion, my A^ hasn't actually been recognised and it's not been counted as a qualification. I'd much rather have an A* that people recognise than a A^ that people don't. It makes my UCAS form look really ugly.

Well they could at least make it less for an A* 90% for all that content is very hard imo. Anyway your issue is probably my dream :lol:
Reply 22
Just a quick question about maths and further maths. Are they two different qualifications??? Do you get different certificates??? Do you have to take separate exams??? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Autumn L
Just a quick question about maths and further maths. Are they two different qualifications??? Do you get different certificates??? Do you have to take separate exams??? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes for all the questions asked
Original post by Chlorophile
Are you sure we're talking about the same spec? Because AQA's Further Maths definitely symbolises it with A^.

Yeah, deffo same spec. I think its just because my textbook is from collins.
im doing further maths this year (tomorrow even) any tips? i find further maths really hard!
I'm currently in Y11 and doing the Further Maths paper. The way I look at it is, basically take the grade boundaries for the normal Maths paper most people do, (higher), and keep the same percentages but shift up the Grade...I.E, if an A=75% in a normal maths paper, then in Further Maths an A*=75%
It is quite difficult, but not impossible, soem queations are easy but others take a lot more time.A few , I believe, are designed for people who just 'get Maths'. like...you not taught the method in class, it's just if you can see how to tackle the answer by yourself.
Original post by Rainbowcorn
im doing further maths this year (tomorrow even) any tips? i find further maths really hard!

Just carry on practicing past papers and techniques is all you can do really. Try 2/3 a week, with other questions on weaker parts.
Reply 28
Original post by vd12345
Did you do further maths? ;D is it easy?
Like if I got A* in maths, would A* in further be that much harder?

Yes a lot harder. I am getting Bs in further and am an A/A* student in normal maths
Original post by rhp128
Yes a lot harder. I am getting Bs in further and am an A/A* student in normal maths

Have my 2nd paper tomorrow, hope for an a/a*!!! Possible, a^ is for those who are just naturally gifted, or have a really good work ethic!
Original post by vd12345
What is an A^? ;o and wow only bout half marks for an A ;D must be hard

A**

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending