The Student Room Group

My girlfriend cheated on me

Scroll to see replies

Wow. Leave her. Can't possibly love you if she would sleep with someone else.
There are 4 scenarios that could come into play here:

1) you stay with her, you work on the relationship, you try and rebuild the trust you lost, you both learn from this and you're relationship grows stronger.

2) you leave her, you go out and meet new people, you have fun, you do things for yourself, you be a bit selfish, get what you want, try something new and eventually you'll accidentally fall head over heels for some new hottie and then you get an awesome new girlfriend who loves you and is 10 billion times better than the old one!!

3) you leave her, you keep things that remind you of her and constantly punish yourself by making everything about her, you constantly pine for her, make yourself miserable, and constantly wonder what could have been if you had been more forgiving...

4)you stay with her, she does it again, you are so angry and feel even more hurt and used! you're angry for a while and you struggle to sleep and you feel like a complete idiot but suddenly you stop caring because you gave it your best shot and you'll now have piece of mind that you don't have to say what if?

I have personally attempted all of these scenarios with ex boyfriends and in my experience I would say number two is most favourable! go out have a good time meet new people... you are so young did you really think it would last forever? don't take yourself so seriously you sound like a lovely person so demand some respect for yourself by taking control of the situation, ultimately none of us can decide for you and its you who has to live with it?

good luck hope it all works out in your favour!
False tears,you are cheated on twice
1. Find another chick
2. Seduce her
3. Bang her
4. Forget about the cheating wench.
Say you forgive her then seduce her father. That'll show her not to F with you.
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm at uni and the other day my girlfriend came round to mine sits on the bed and openly told me that she slept with someone on her course. I know drinking isn't an excuse but she was sober which annoyed me even more. There were tears from both of us and I said just give me a week to think about it.
I would tell my flatmates but I'm worried they would hate her.
Does anyone know what I should do

Pfft mate, she doesn't deserve you. Once a cheater, always a cheater. That is such a cold hearted thing to do and I'm really sorry.

Do yourself a favour - she obviously doesn't take the relationship seriously.
Reply 26
Original post by Becca.H96
I would dump her. My boyfriend cheated on me and told me about it two weeks later, i thought about it for a few days and decided to forgive him. A few months later he cheats on me again (with the same girl) despite saying how terrible he felt the first time and crying, not hard to guess we then broke up. So yeah once a cheater always a cheater, save yourself the pain and just get it over with.

Hahahaha this happened to me, sooo embarrassing but lesson well and truly learnt :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile
dump her
Original post by simba_n
Hahahaha this happened to me, sooo embarrassing but lesson well and truly learnt :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't funny in any way, it was the worst experience finding out that some you love cheated on you. But yes lesson learnt.
Reply 29
Original post by Becca.H96
It wasn't funny in any way, it was the worst experience finding out that some you love cheated on you. But yes lesson learnt.

I'm not laughing because it was funny. I'm laughing off the situation because I've dealt with it now but it was, as you say, the worst experience. The bit that hurt the most was that you plucked up the courage to give them a second chance and they do it again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by simba_n
I'm not laughing because it was funny. I'm laughing off the situation because I've dealt with it now but it was, as you say, the worst experience. The bit that hurt the most was that you plucked up the courage to give them a second chance and they do it again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right. Yeah, well clearly we deserve better, not everyone gives second chances, and I will never do again.
Leave her. Someone as nice as you doesn't deserve someone like her
Original post by DErasmus
Tell her you have as well (heck say you've done it multiple times don't push her over the edge though!). When she gets messed up tell her not really now you know how I feel you bitch, if she doesn't feel a thing get a new girlfriend.

Profit++

That is so brilliantly malevolent. Love it. +1
Leave her DX Show no mercy!
Somehow, the dates of this thread caught my eye...
Stop talking to her and never look back. Move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending