The Student Room Group

I can't get along with math

I can't focus at math class, I get distracted by my thoughts, I just sit there like a robot, I copy what's written and that's it, I'm last year in high school and I want to find a way to get along with math, doesn't matter if the teacher is good or not, I really need to find a way to figure this out of my self. Is math important regarding to the universities ?!

FYI

I do good in all subjects, math is my biggest issue that I can't get along with.
Reply 1
Original post by mack_100
I can't focus at math class, I get distracted by my thoughts, I just sit there like a robot, I copy what's written and that's it, I'm last year in high school and I want to find a way to get along with math, doesn't matter if the teacher is good or not, I really need to find a way to figure this out of my self. Is math important regarding to the universities ?!

FYI

I do good in all subjects, math is my biggest issue that I can't get along with.

aww what are you studying currently? gcse or alevels?
Reply 2
Alevels I think ?!!!
Reply 3
Alevels I think ?!!!

What modules?

I can help you:smile:
Alevels I think ?!!!

A levels you think? If you don't know what qualification you are studying for, concentration in maths is the least of your problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
A levels you think? If you don't know what qualification you are studying for, concentration in maths is the least of your problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He says high school himself meaning he may not be from UK origin, so he's making a rough comparison which is why he states "I think".
Reply 6
I'm not in USA I'm in UAE (United Arab Emirates).
Reply 7
I just need to find a way to solve my problem with math.
Reply 8

Cool down...
I can help you out.
What chapters do you want me to teach?
http://mathvids.com/
http://videomathteacher.com/video-samples/
http://www.wiziq.com/tutorials/math-uae
This website teaches you all chapters in video so you can learn it easily.
It's not hard.:smile:
Its free
Reply 9

post your problem here and we will help you to workout the sums :hugs:
Reply 10
Original post by Sena5
post your problem here and we will help you to workout the sums :hugs:

If you read the OP I think the problem is a lack of focus and concentration, not how to do specific maths problems!
Reply 11

you want someone to teach you maths or help you in maths sums & problems?
Take a look at khan acadmey (google it).
Reply 13

FYI

i tutor maths for edexcel gcse and alevel..
i can help you..if you need any help pm me..i'll reply with details
oh yea and also khan academy is very easy to understand.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Sena5
i tutor maths for edexcel gcse and alevel..
i can help you..if you need any help pm me..i'll reply with details
oh yea and also khan academy is very easy to understand.

You last commented in this thread over 12 months ago - has the OP not responded to you in that time? :smile:
I'm not in USA I'm in UAE (United Arab Emirates).

Hello there, what school are you in? What city?
Reply 16
Original post by davros
You last commented in this thread over 12 months ago - has the OP not responded to you in that time? :smile:

yes, the OP has and my post is clearly visible.
I just found that someone commented on the thread so I thought it would be good if I help if the OP or anyone else has trouble with school maths.
Reply 17
Try the website Wolfram too. Has the best maths tools I've seen. Also don't be down if you can't focus. Maths is more about how much you practice when you get home.

Quick Reply

Latest