The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MozzyM
Oxford's a long shot for me too but i'm fairly optimistic about receiving offers from my other 4 :biggrin:

Yeah I've got one offer already from Manchester, reasonably confident about the others (Oxford aside). What are your other 4 if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by loperdoper
I just realised my application isn't as straightforward as I thought, as I'm applying for deferred entry. GAH, more waiting for me it seems!

I'm fully expecting a rejection, my predicted is two grades below their offer AND my GCSEs are too low - but hey, I can always dream!

Best of luck in the HAT!

You're deferring? What are you planning to do with your gap year? I thought about it but then decided against.

My predicted grades fit the bill but my GCSEs are probably a little substandard for Oxford tbh, so I'm really not sure what chance I've got. Who knows what chance you've got, loads of people seem to get in every year when they think they've got no chance so there's every reason to be optimistic :smile:

thanks! Half term looks like it's going to be full of past papers!
Original post by kandr175
Have offers from York & Liverpool so far, waiting on Edinburgh kings&a newcastle, my friends just got offers from Sheffield and Manchester:smile:

When you receive an offer, are you notified by email? Or only on track?
Original post by kandr175
Have offers from York & Liverpool so far, waiting on Edinburgh kings&a newcastle, my friends just got offers from Sheffield and Manchester:smile:

What does it look like/what does UCAS say when you do get an offer?
Original post by chem@uni
Finally got confirmation email from Durham for chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just got confirmation 30 minutes ago aswell! Looks like they only just started looking at chemistry applications recently!

Original post by wendlabergmann

This what they sent me :
Something has changed on your UCAS application; please log in to UCAS Track to view the changes. You can access UCAS Track via the UCAS website www.ucas.com. This change may for example be one of the following:
one of your choices has made a decision about your application
you have received an invitation to interview
you have made your replies
you have withdrawn from a choice
your reply to an offer has not been received at UCAS by the deadline given. If this is the case, your reply will show as Decline by Default (DBD).
To view the change on your application please login to Track and look at your choices on www.ucas.com/students/track/. To view the details click on the course code.
Original post by MPKent8934
You're deferring? What are you planning to do with your gap year? I thought about it but then decided against.

My predicted grades fit the bill but my GCSEs are probably a little substandard for Oxford tbh, so I'm really not sure what chance I've got. Who knows what chance you've got, loads of people seem to get in every year when they think they've got no chance so there's every reason to be optimistic :smile:

thanks! Half term looks like it's going to be full of past papers!

I always intended to study abroad, so I planned the gap year so I could build savings. Now I want to stay in the UK, I decided to take one because my birthday's in August and I would be barely 18 by the time I started, and I just feel too young to start uni. Hence, the deferral.

I want to pick up more hours at work/get a different job and work 30-35 hours a week, and maybe do a bit of Biology tutoring as well. My dad heavily implied that he'd pay for me to travel, so I was considering spending a few weeks in California with my aunt, and maybe spend a weekend in Stockholm as well. Mostly, I hope to start uni with a few thousand pounds in savings.

Yeah, there's always hope. My original plan for A-levels was to get BBB, so with predicted of AAB I'm already above what I ever thought I could achieve :colondollar:
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Did you get predicted an A in the subject you got a C in? Are you aware it is mathematically impossible to get an A if you have a C, only an A*? This is because you'd have to achieve 90%+ in your A2 modules, hence giving you an A*.

Yes I've realised so I'm retaking my AS exam :smile:
Original post by GeorgiaL16
Haha, it was stressful, probably would have done better with less to be honest! XD
Well done on your grades, they're very much similar to mine so I'm sure you'll receive an offer in no time :smile: It was in general, but don't worry too much because it might take a bit longer now as I handed mine in way early! :biggrin:

Thanks got my fingers crossed!
Original post by Millymd
I just got confirmation 30 minutes ago aswell! Looks like they only just started looking at chemistry applications recently!

It seems as if all the Durham acknowledgements are coming through right now.
Reply 1189
Still waiting.....

tumblr_mhs0kuwJWp1s59t30o1_500.gif
I always intended to study abroad, so I planned the gap year so I could build savings. Now I want to stay in the UK, I decided to take one because my birthday's in August and I would be barely 18 by the time I started, and I just feel too young to start uni. Hence, the deferral.

I want to pick up more hours at work/get a different job and work 30-35 hours a week, and maybe do a bit of Biology tutoring as well. My dad heavily implied that he'd pay for me to travel, so I was considering spending a few weeks in California with my aunt, and maybe spend a weekend in Stockholm as well. Mostly, I hope to start uni with a few thousand pounds in savings.

Yeah, there's always hope. My original plan for A-levels was to get BBB, so with predicted of AAB I'm already above what I ever thought I could achieve :colondollar:

Oh right sounds good - starting with some healthy savings seems sensible but I'm not sure I'll have all that much tbh :eek:.

Yeah like I said I've decided against a gap year but I definitely want to try to spend a semester/year abroad in my second year maybe, so hopefully that works out. And anyway, good luck with Oxford!
Hi!
Hoping to get my application sent off this week, my teacher has taken ages to write/send my reference as I have applied as an individual. Everyone here seems to be applying to much more prestigious universities than I am, but has anyone had an offer from any of these:
- UAL
- Greenwich
- Roehampton (they don't do the course I exactly want to do but i wanted to fill up all 5 options!)
- Westminster
- Hertfordshire

Thank you!
Original post by wendlabergmann

These are the words of the desperate :P I did the same when my friend got an offer :biggrin:
Original post by sarahfrost97
These are the words of the desperate :P I did the same when my friend got an offer :biggrin:

Living vicariously through others, ngl
Even when I'm at work, I'm obsessively checking my email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MPKent8934
Yeah I've got one offer already from Manchester, reasonably confident about the others (Oxford aside). What are your other 4 if you don't mind me asking?

Manchester, Leeds, Manchester Metropolitan and Liverpool
ABERYSTWYTH JUST GAVE ME AN OFFER FOR GENETICS!
BBB or 300 points with CC in Biology and Maths

(12 days after applying, the time now is 3pm incase you're wondering)
ABERYSTWYTH JUST GAVE ME AN OFFER FOR GENETICS!
BBB or 300 points with CC in Biology and Maths

(12 days after applying, the time now is 3pm incase you're wondering)

Congratulations!!
Original post by sarahfrost97
Congratulations!!

Thank you! I saw the email from UCAS and was just like "here we go deep breath deep breath"
Just received my first offer from Manchester to study Sociology after they sent an email yesterday that they have received my application! So relieved - I literally have a panic attack every time I get an email! Anyone else heard back from Manchester yet? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending