The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bath Uni (which I dont think I will get into) have asked to see my law diploma transcripts and certificates. Is this a good sign or not? Not a rejection though??
Original post by LouieSax
I'm waiting to hear off all of my options at the moment haha but in fairness, I am doing a Health Care Course so I will need an interview at these places first anyway haha. So I'm waiting from UWE, Southampton, Cardiff, Plymouth and Liverpool. But I suppose no news is good news haha :L How about you? :smile:

I'm waiting on Manchester, Warwick, Reading and Leeds. I've had some contact with Manchester and Reading, but not for a few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coffeetime
I'm waiting on Manchester, Warwick, Reading and Leeds. I've had some contact with Manchester and Reading, but not for a few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The waiting is the worst haha. Like I said before: No news is good news :smile: Good luck :smile:
Original post by LouieSax
The waiting is the worst haha. Like I said before: No news is good news :smile: Good luck :smile:

Thank you. And good luck to you as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Superleo83
Bath Uni (which I dont think I will get into) have asked to see my law diploma transcripts and certificates. Is this a good sign or not? Not a rejection though??

To me it sounds like a good sign, they just want conformation.
Thanks. Good to know. I know it is set at A Level standard but doesn't carry the usual UCAS points. Just any offer would be good!
Original post by Superleo83
Thanks. Good to know. I know it is set at A Level standard but doesn't carry the usual UCAS points. Just any offer would be good!

Think of it this way, if they wanted to straight out reject you they wouldn't need to ask for any proof of results. You're at least being considered.
Original post by itsnicolebx
Just got an offer from Queen's Belfast :biggrin:

That's cool! I havent applied yet but I live in NI (and not so far from QUB either). My application is waiting to be sent after my referee takes care of it, but I havent applied to QUB?! I think Im starting to have regrets:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by borysek01
That's cool! I havent applied yet but I live in NI (and not so far from QUB either). My application is waiting to be sent after my referee takes care of it, but I havent applied to QUB?! I think Im starting to have regrets:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh cool :smile: you can always substitute a choice after you've sent it anyways! Where have you applied to?I live in England and thought QUB looked good, can I ask what's Northern Ireland like? :smile:
Original post by itsnicolebx
Ooh cool :smile: you can always substitute a choice after you've sent it anyways! Where have you applied to?I live in England and thought QUB looked good, can I ask what's Northern Ireland like? :smile:

I'm not Northern Irish, but live in NI most of my life. I can't manage the way of life here, its very.... suburban? Anywhere you go outside Belfast is fields, fields and fields once again (and I don't live in Belfast, you will). The reason why I haven't applied to QUB is because I want city life, and nothing else.

My 5 choices are: Liverpool, Manchester, Warwick, Kings College London and Cardiff.

As for social life in QUB? You will not be happy. Although there's many nightclubs, most students will be local. This means that people leave Belfast for the weekends to see their families, and therefore the city is pretty much dead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1590
has anyone got any offers for maths? I know lots of people have got offers from warwick and york but was wondering if anywhere else have started giving offers... I haven't even got an acknowledgement from Kings yet!! :frown:
Woo hoo. Sent my application last Thursday and I have two interview offers for Surrey and Oxford Brookes for adult nursing. Acknowledgement emails so far from the rest. :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My second offer from Winchester today for History, having sent my application on Friday
Hahahahaha. Yes. Can I borrow your yacht?

Actually they told me that since I beat Kim Jong Un fair and square (dirty bugger, wouldn't stop spinning) I could have a few more yachts! Feel free to help yourself, I've only got 3 solid platinum ones left but you can have a 24 carat gold one if you like :smile:

Also you are obliged to refer to me as Supreme Leader Patrick now thank you very much most kindly :wink:
Original post by (Patrick)
Actually they told me that since I beat Kim Jong Un fair and square (dirty bugger, wouldn't stop spinning) I could have a few more yachts! Feel free to help yourself, I've only got 3 solid platinum ones left but you can have a 24 carat gold one if you like :smile:

Also you are obliged to refer to me as Supreme Leader Patrick now thank you very much most kindly :wink:

I just feel like a gold one would look too flashy. What about one covered in diamonds?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just feel like a gold one would look too flashy. What about one covered in diamonds?

The problem with the one covered in diamonds is that it tends to blind other ships, you end up having to rescue survivors...
Just got a contextual offer from Bristol!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by infamous123
Just got a contextual offer from Bristol!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well done! What course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by borysek01
Well done! What course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For Biology :smile:
Only got one acknowledgement and no offers yet :frown:

Latest

Trending