The Student Room Group

My flatmates are extremely dirty, and I'm getting in trouble now too .__.

I don't really speak much with my flatmates because there are often language barriers so it gets awks quite quickly. Regardless, they're ALWAYS in the kitchen partying every single day.... And when I wake up at 5 to make my breakfast it's like we've been burgled.

I keep receiving e-mails from our residency officer about the "cleanliness of communal areas" and how the care-worker is fed up with state of the kitchen =____=

This is incredibly frustrating, they're a source of noise and dirt pollution 24/7. Any ideas on how to tackle this pest problem?

Scroll to see replies

Reply to the emails explain the situation and ask for advice in resolving the issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Confront them. God. Why are people so weak these days? Stand up for yourself.
Reply 3

Spoiler

likewis i h8 parties in our flat. like wtf.. go outside or som1 elses area. -.-

ususally leave to go sit in uni library and get work don
Original post by Anonynous

That's just pathetic man. :lol:
Original post by Marky Mark

No its not- some people actually pay £9000 per year to study rather than party believe it or not!
Original post by trasitszy
No its not- some people actually pay £9000 per year to study rather than party believe it or not!

You can party AND still have time to study. The false dichotomy is an illusion touted by the uptight kill joy brigade that you're most certainly a member of.
(edited 9 years ago)

pathetic? when theres music constantly playin its difficult to get work done. especially given the difficult nature of the content i hav to learn.
Original post by Mimsycrafts
Reply to the emails explain the situation and ask for advice in resolving the issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might do that as a last resort, I'm just apprehensive of appearing like I want to dodge responsibility for the mess.

I don't like confrontations... that doesn't make me weak, neanderthal.

That's so true, I don't see how people can party so often >.> don't these people have exams and assignments D:<

I don't think it is. You just need to change your outlook imo
pathetic? when theres music constantly playin its difficult to get work done. especially given the difficult nature of the content i hav to learn.

Ikr, some people just don't have enough IQ to comprehend
Reply 12
They cant make a mess if their dead OP
Hmm, this does sound very irritating. My best advise is to reply to the emails you are receiving accordingly and explain the uncomfortable situation you are being faced with, and perhaps request a room swap or to be relocated. I believe another option is to request a meeting from the supervisor of your room or even the cleaners and ,again, just explain to them your highly inconvenient situation.
I hope this helped,
Marina.
c:
Original post by Marina-B
Hmm, this does sound very irritating. My best advise is to reply to the emails you are receiving accordingly and explain the uncomfortable situation you are being faced with, and perhaps request a room swap or to be relocated. I believe another option is to request a meeting from the supervisor of your room or even the cleaners and ,again, just explain to them your highly inconvenient situation.
I hope this helped,
Marina.
c:

I feel privileged that you gave your second post to my threat ^_^

also, thanks for the advice! I'll try to talk to them nicely first, and see if we can work something out without the need for the residency officer to intervene :L
Reply 15
I feel you! My flatmates makes parties during the week as well…its really driving me crazy cause I can't go to bed till late in the night (I wont sleep anyway) and then I am the first one to wake up and during lectures im just sleeping...

Cause its only first month and you don't want to end up as being antisocial, rude or nerdy. Everyone hates flatparties during the week (except those who organise them) but noone want to risk being laughed at for raising this issue.
Hehe it's okay, I hope everything works out well!
Marina.
c:
Original post by R Dragon
I don't really speak much with my flatmates because there are often language barriers so it gets awks quite quickly. Regardless, they're ALWAYS in the kitchen partying every single day.... And when I wake up at 5 to make my breakfast it's like we've been burgled.

I keep receiving e-mails from our residency officer about the "cleanliness of communal areas" and how the care-worker is fed up with state of the kitchen =____=

This is incredibly frustrating, they're a source of noise and dirt pollution 24/7. Any ideas on how to tackle this pest problem?

Wha Mark said. Let them know they're pigs. Just do it in a way that doesn't make it hostile or inhospitable afterward. If they just don't respect you and what you have to say, email the residency officer back :teehee: Tell him it's your flatmates and possibly they will be dealt with administratively.

&What exactly is the language barrier?
You can party AND still have time to study. The false dichotomy is an illusion touted by the uptight kill joy brigade that you're most certainly a member of.

I agree with you. No work can be that hard and time-consuming that they're in their books 24/7, especially so early in the term. But of course they want to be qualified for whatever career they're working towards, or don't want their money to go to waste so they do that annoying over-achiever thing :rolleyes::laugh:

What would bother me isn't the partying, it's the fact it's happening in my personal space

It's like the rule of not pissing in your own swimming pool; I am all too happy to piss in someone else's, just not my own

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending