The Student Room Group

Iranian/ Persian 15 year old ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Do you consider yourself as being good-looking?
Original post by tsr1807
A bit late, but as an Iranian myself, I'd like to know what are your target grades? Sorry if it's a silly question haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

All a stars but it's a pity I'll probably not achieve them
Original post by ane66
What do you think of women's rights in divorce in Iran?

They should have the right to divorce just like men.
Original post by Ciranore
Nukes for Iran - Yey or ney?

nuclear power yey but nuclear weapons ney
Original post by flibber
In 1979, did you or your parents support the Shah or the Ayatollah?

dads side ayotallah but mums on shah
Original post by Safiya122
Do you consider yourself as being good-looking?

I don't particularly see myself as good looking but I do try and look good
Original post by tsr1807
Somehow... I'm not sure exactly how... I expected that they'd all be A stars aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Iranian parents have extremely high standards lol. Hbu what are your predictions.
Why, whenever you arrive, you create havoc and fights and noise? We lived quietly on our floor, when a group of you arrived, they started playing loud music, banging at plastic basins, which they put upside down on the floor. Drink like fishes, shrieks, fights every day. Constant visitors, who stare and spit at women. And it's always like this, when you arrive. Why can't you live quietly and normally, like other people (or like most other people)? When at least one of you appear, then more appear and then will be some kind of a conflict.
Original post by namename
Why, whenever you arrive, you create havoc and fights and noise? We lived quietly on our floor, when a group of you arrived, they started playing loud music, banging at plastic basins, which they put upside down on the floor. Drink like fishes, shrieks, fights every day. Constant visitors, who stare and spit at women. And it's always like this, when you arrive. Why can't you live quietly and normally, like other people (or like most other people)? When at least one of you appear, then more appear and then will be some kind of a conflict.

There always a minority who make the majority look bad. My family don't drink or cause fights or any other vulgar incident you claim that's happend. Unfortuantley when a certain group different to us does something to anger us we often hold grudges against their race or nationality. I would encourage you to get some councilling and to stop seeing the world in such a narrow mind. Love and regards a nice persian guy
My cousin's husband is Persian! He's awesome lol, do you speak Farsi?
Original post by TheTruthTeller
There always a minority who make the majority look bad. My family don't drink or cause fights or any other vulgar incident you claim that's happend. Unfortuantley when a certain group different to us does something to anger us we often hold grudges against their race or nationality. I would encourage you to get some councilling and to stop seeing the world in such a narrow mind. Love and regards a nice persian guy
I am yet to meet nice, quiet, minding their own business Iranians. Maybe they exist, but they are minority. The rest of the loud, drunken hooligans quite eclipse the normal tiny minority.
Original post by tsr1807
They are also some of the most successful people... Keep that in mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by successful? Rich?
Original post by Incubator
My cousin's husband is Persian! He's awesome lol, do you speak Farsi?

Awesome hahah, what is your nationality? And yeah I do !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go head ask me anything you want ... Can't wait for the stupid ones ;P

Are there much Pashto speakers in Iran? Or at least where you're from.

Just curious
Original post by namename
I am yet to meet nice, quiet, minding their own business Iranians. Maybe they exist, but they are minority. The rest of the loud, drunken hooligans quite eclipse the normal tiny minority.

Can I ask what nationality you are? Also I disagree completely most persians I know are the absolute complete opposite of what you describe. Maybe they are uni students you are describing because generally persians are the opposite of what you describe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kash24411
Are there much Pashto speakers in Iran? Or at least where you're from.

Just curious

None where I am from but there's probably a minority of them in the border between Afghanistan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tsr1807
There are a lot of Iranian businessmen and women... They're pretty successful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, it's great you know your view on success, as I see it as subjective rather objective.
Definatley proud of Persian history. Ask any iranian and they will honestly speak for hours about how we essentially created human rights before the west (cyrus cylinder), had a great empire, were the pinnacle of the world etc.

Honestly I would love a secular Iran.. Iran would be 100 times the nation Turkey is right now if it was not for the British coup in 1954 which consequently lead to the Iranian revolution in 1979 which was hijacked by the current theocracy.

I want the old Persian values instilled into a new Iran. I want a nationalistic Iran just like the times when we had an empire.

you want a secular nationalist country are you even a muslim, i heard shias were so secular but you should be ashamed of yourself.
Original post by nmjasdk
you want a secular nationalist country are you even a muslim, i heard shias were so secular but you should be ashamed of yourself.

Go and live in Saudi Arabia instead of enjoying the luxuries of free speech that western countries allow you. Bloody hypocrite.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome hahah, what is your nationality? And yeah I do !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm Pakistani haha, Urdu and Farsi are so similar! My cousin loves Iran, she's always talking about it :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest