The Student Room Group

Im so fed up and want to go uni already

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elmosandy
Aha still seeing people move on talk about a level stress, selfies of them in Sixth-Form...

And I have problems so I screwed it up? I still do have problems tbh I think I needed a 'year out'

That's fair enough, same sort of situation with me in year 13 to be honest, I needed to get out of my comfort zone at college and since I've been at home I've been self studying and really putting the work in. I've also got a lot more to add to my personal statement so hopefully it will help me on the offers front. Are you at school or self teaching aswell?
Still gotta get the grades to get into uni!
Reply 42
I loved A levels (The subjects and just general life while studying A levels) , Especially the second year and would defiantly be the best years so far , All the subjects are ones you like and are interested in (Unless you picked the wrong ones) ,Teachers are much less strict (Apart from final coursework deadlines etc) and most of the students are friendly.

The second year will come to a end pretty quick though(Thats what i found anyway) , Theres so much work to do that it goes so fast and then you usually end a few months earlier than usual.The worst thing however is taking a year out (Not to travel or anything , To get a job) because i applied for a uni which i had to pay for myself (No help with funding) ,So boring cant wait to go to uni next year.
Original post by neal95
That's fair enough, same sort of situation with me in year 13 to be honest, I needed to get out of my comfort zone at college and since I've been at home I've been self studying and really putting the work in. I've also got a lot more to add to my personal statement so hopefully it will help me on the offers front. Are you at school or self teaching aswell?

I was homeschooled :biggrin:

Plan was: Do IGCSE's in May/June then September 2014 College

So i'm at home doing IGCSE's... but I do a BTEC Lv2 Sport at College part-time

Hopefully A-Levels next year :biggrin:
I felt the same way but uni is more complexed there's a lot more assignments and you need to manage your time efficiently. Just enjoy while you are young and don't with it away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neal95
That's like my room my desk has my xbox and computer monitor on it so I hve to put my 7 folders on my chair, removing them and placing them on my bed when I need to work...

It takes me about 15 minutes to clear my bed of stuff every night before it's clear for me to sleep on ahaha.
Original post by Winter_is_here
Omg I feel the exact same way after having this gap year forced on me lol it's worse when I see all my friends freshers pics

I had this same prang of envy watching all my friends graduate last year that were on the BSc course, rather than the integrated Master's. I want to graduate now :frown:
Reply 47
This is exactly how I was feeling during A Levels. Just work hard and be patient. You'll get there eventually.
Reply 48
Original post by Captain Jack
I remember feeling like that. I just HAD to get away from my parents.

What I would recommend though, is make the most of it and prep for uni now to be ahead education wise. Focus on revision and being the best you can be, like a study version of Rocky. It'll be worth it and, who knows, you might be so distracted uni will come around sooner!

I hope so, that's kinda my plan!

Original post by kokiri
Not gonna lie, uni was the best time of my life.

Good luck on your A-levels!

thanks!

Original post by Kandybars
Me too! I just wanna go and experience student life and study what I love! Also, my house really pisses me off, can't wait to get away and have my own space. My room is incredibly tiny and I literally have no space for my work. My drawers are full so I have to keep a pile of work on my desk chair which I have to remove everyday to use my mac.

yeah by the time you get to college living at home just becomes annoying, arguments, being told what to do eurgh
Reply 49
Original post by x-Venezia-x
I felt the same way but uni is more complexed there's a lot more assignments and you need to manage your time efficiently. Just enjoy while you are young and don't with it away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by zarif3
This is exactly how I was feeling during A Levels. Just work hard and be patient. You'll get there eventually.

Rest assured I'll be ready for it...
Reply 50
Original post by JLG16
I loved A levels (The subjects and just general life while studying A levels) , Especially the second year and would defiantly be the best years so far , All the subjects are ones you like and are interested in (Unless you picked the wrong ones) ,Teachers are much less strict (Apart from final coursework deadlines etc) and most of the students are friendly.

The second year will come to a end pretty quick though(Thats what i found anyway) , Theres so much work to do that it goes so fast and then you usually end a few months earlier than usual.The worst thing however is taking a year out (Not to travel or anything , To get a job) because i applied for a uni which i had to pay for myself (No help with funding) ,So boring cant wait to go to uni next year.

you LOVED a levels:eek:??? Did you go to a sixth form or college? I'm at a sixth form and while the teaching is much better than at a college there's lower school kids all over the place, damn I was hoping to get away from them after secondary school :bawling:
Reply 51
Original post by Aniraz
you LOVED a levels:eek:??? Did you go to a sixth form or college? I'm at a sixth form and while the teaching is much better than at a college there's lower school kids all over the place, damn I was hoping to get away from them after secondary school :bawling:

Yeah i went to sixth form , We have a specific room for just AS and A level students where we all went so didnt have to worry about the lower shcool kids , Its worse taking a year out and having to wait a year to go to uni , Im actuallyenjoying putting my personal statement and portfolio together as it gives me something to do xD
Reply 52
Original post by JLG16
Yeah i went to sixth form , We have a specific room for just AS and A level students where we all went so didnt have to worry about the lower shcool kids , Its worse taking a year out and having to wait a year to go to uni , Im actuallyenjoying putting my personal statement and portfolio together as it gives me something to do xD

ah yeah that's why I couldn't take a gap year omg, I'd have no idea what to do :eek:
Original post by robynofficer97
god i am literally like this, all i want to do is go to uni now and be doing a course that actually interests me!

i'm applying for manchester, leeds and brighton so far :smile:

YES! finally someone who's applying to brighton :smile:
What are you applying for? I'm going for accounting and finance
And I too am the say way. Can't wait for uni :tongue:
Original post by Shellaylay
YES! finally someone who's applying to brighton :smile:
What are you applying for? I'm going for accounting and finance
And I too am the say way. Can't wait for uni :tongue:

it looks amazing!! international events management :smile: have you sent off your ucas application yet?
Original post by robynofficer97
it looks amazing!! international events management :smile: have you sent off your ucas application yet?

No. My school's sending all our applications together. But half of my classmates don't even have their PS done so it's all good. And I know! Its gorgeous. I live on an island so I love the coast.
Original post by Shellaylay
No. My school's sending all our applications together. But half of my classmates don't even have their PS done so it's all good. And I know! Its gorgeous. I live on an island so I love the coast.

oh that's good then :smile: have you done your PS yet?
Reply 57
Literally took the words straight out of my mouth. Just want to get on with studying what I want to study, make new friends (as the connection with my old ones has just flown out the window) and leave the city I've been in for 18 years. Couldn't come sooner for me!
Reply 58
Original post by Aniraz
ah yeah that's why I couldn't take a gap year omg, I'd have no idea what to do :eek:

I agree with that have no idea what to do :s-smilie: , I have done my personal statement need to get it checked and started my portfolio but haven't done much on Ucas :s-smilie:
Original post by Aniraz
I'm in year 13 and I've seriously had enough. I'm sick of London, I'm sick of A levels, I can't think or talk about anything but university. I dunno how I've still got a year to go till I'm finally there EURGHHH
anyone else fed up as hell?

Run away and become a hermit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending