The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Isn't that a pity?

Don't cry though, please.
what happens in this instance, did you have insurance on your card ? i live in fear of this happening to moi.
Reply 3
I don't know. I rung the bank and I explained how very stressed I was so they said, never mind, we'll send you a form and you can have your gold back. All the money was spent online. Train tickets. The bastards!
yeah its not nice, its horrible to think that people do it. do you know how they got your details ?
Reply 5
I once had credit card fraud done to me...someone paid for legal advice...and Barclays refused to chase it up!! Why I closed my account with them.
Reply 6
Hurricane_Herd
yeah its not nice, its horrible to think that people do it. do you know how they got your details ?

No idea yet. I've purchased a ticket on the website before, but I am sure that was before I was even with the bank I am with now. I assume you need expiry dates, issue numbers etc so God knows how they got all the information. Hopefully, the Co-op can shed some light on the situation when I send them the paperwork back. They reckon they can't ever tell me who did it but surely there is a Freedom of Information issue with that. I'll have to get some research done.
Reply 7
Hope it all works out ok :hugs: dont let them win!!!
The police can track it down to what computer it was done on, and who the tickets were sent to. Happened to me before too.
Mellie
No idea yet. I've purchased a ticket on the website before, but I am sure that was before I was even with the bank I am with now. I assume you need expiry dates, issue numbers etc so God knows how they got all the information. Hopefully, the Co-op can shed some light on the situation when I send them the paperwork back. They reckon they can't ever tell me who did it but surely there is a Freedom of Information issue with that. I'll have to get some research done.

i am guessing it won't be, from when you purchased the ticket online (mostly due to the fact most sites have sick encription systems that would take weeks to crack) its most likely that they have gone through your bins, and read a bank statement.

good luck anyway
Reply 10
Or it was when you used your card in a 'broken' cash machine or paid at a store/restaurant with it where someone had the chance to copy the details.
Reply 11
Herd & Kam...I agree it was probably one of those methods. As long as I get my doubloons back, that's all I am worried about. I need uni dosh.
Reply 12
Mellie
They reckon they can't ever tell me who did it but surely there is a Freedom of Information issue with that. I'll have to get some research done.

With the Co-op? :rolleyes:
Mellie

Could happen anywhere unfortunately. People have been known to ghost cards, quickly write down details if you let them take a card away [restaurants for instance] some hotels take down full details including security codes, etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending