The Student Room Group

GSK graduate application 2015

Scroll to see replies

For all of you left in the dark about the video interview...I just completed mine and it was 8 questions - majority competency based with no technical questions for my specific programme (management). You get 1 minute to read the question and think about an answer. They then record your answer and you have 3 minutes but can stop the recording once you have finished your answer. There is no thinking time in between questions other than the 1 minute and you are not recording during this time.
Reply 41
Original post by studentx123
For all of you left in the dark about the video interview...I just completed mine and it was 8 questions - majority competency based with no technical questions for my specific programme (management). You get 1 minute to read the question and think about an answer. They then record your answer and you have 3 minutes but can stop the recording once you have finished your answer. There is no thinking time in between questions other than the 1 minute and you are not recording during this time.

Just did my interview now, its as studentx says... now the wait begins till we hear from them!
Original post by metroid
Just did my interview now, its as studentx says... now the wait begins till we hear from them!

How did you find it? Which programme did you apply for?
When I now log in to my account on GSK it says "Congratulations! You have passed the application screening stage. We will be in touch with an update for you on the next stage as soon as possible." Do either of you have this too?

I just got this, is it the video interview next? I'm applying for Communications :smile:
Does anyone know when assessment centres are meant to run? I'm getting impatient! haha
Hey guys, anyone else applying for sales and marketing? Passed the online assessment yesterday and waiting for them to contact me about a video interview or a rejection (hopefully not the latter) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Hey guys, I'm due to complete an online interview can anyone help me what kind of question should I tackle for preparation. Teamwork, leadership, etc? Thanks :smile:
Got an email update today thanking me for my patience and for completing their 8 question video interview. The first assessment centre will take place for 2 days (26-27 November) for the sales and marketing scheme but I imagine there will be other dates that run through to January/February for the other respective schemes. Fingers crossed!
Reply 48
Original post by jaycee362
Got an email update today thanking me for my patience and for completing their 8 question video interview. The first assessment centre will take place for 2 days (26-27 November) for the sales and marketing scheme but I imagine there will be other dates that run through to January/February for the other respective schemes. Fingers crossed!

Hey Jaycee.. congrats on the goof news! When did you do your interview? I;m waiting to hear back from them eagerly
Original post by metroid
Hey Jaycee.. congrats on the goof news! When did you do your interview? I;m waiting to hear back from them eagerly

Hey metroid. There was a 2 week gap between passing their online tests and being invited to a video interview and 1 week between completing the video interview and receiving the email update in my previous post. I guess each scheme would be subject to different timeframes though so don't worry if you haven't heard back as quickly as I have. Best of luck!
Ive applied to the RA programme and was told today that the assessment centre will be held over two days on 1st and 2nd December.

I dont have much hope of getting through though as my video interview was embarassingly awful!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jaycee362

I received this email too, however mine said the first assessment centre is 20-21 November! I went for the Communications programme :smile:
Original post by kit-kat92
I received this email too, however mine said the first assessment centre is 20-21 November! I went for the Communications programme :smile:

19th and 20th for the management programme :smile:
19th and 20th for the management programme :smile:

Hay Studentx123,

I did mine last Sunday (2nd Nov) and haven't heard back from them yet! Management too, thought my Sonru went reasonably well, (even THAT question -.-). I was wondering when you did yours, I rang them up as their emails are "undergoing maintenance" and they said just sit tight of course.

GSK have a rep of being terrible at getting back to applicants haha!
Original post by hersh.patel
Hay Studentx123,

I did mine last Sunday (2nd Nov) and haven't heard back from them yet! Management too, thought my Sonru went reasonably well, (even THAT question -.-). I was wondering when you did yours, I rang them up as their emails are "undergoing maintenance" and they said just sit tight of course.

GSK have a rep of being terrible at getting back to applicants haha!

Hey! I did mine last Monday (3rd Nov) and got an email from GSK on the Friday (7th Nov). Weird they have emailed me and not you. All it said was thank you for completing the video interview and when the assessment centre will be if I am successful. Have you had anything from GSK or just the email from sonru?
Hi! I am just wondering if anybody has any more tips/advice on the Sonru interview! I'm pretty nervous about it :s-smilie:
Original post by alicet-rose
Hi! I am just wondering if anybody has any more tips/advice on the Sonru interview! I'm pretty nervous about it :s-smilie:

What scheme did you apply for?
Hey! I did mine last Monday (3rd Nov) and got an email from GSK on the Friday (7th Nov). Weird they have emailed me and not you. All it said was thank you for completing the video interview and when the assessment centre will be if I am successful. Have you had anything from GSK or just the email from sonru?

I got sonru confirmation but not GSK one! Guess we are in the same boat,

We should continue this on PM :smile: saves the clutter here!!
Management! How about you?
Original post by kit-kat92

have you heard whether you have been successful yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending