The Student Room Group

Best small laptop for gcse/a-level student?

So I am a gcse student and I am looking for a reasonably cheap (about £300 or less), small laptop that I can use for revision and that I can also use in 6th form. I quite like the look of the Asus Transformer Book T100, but just wondered if anyone had any other suggestions :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by mollythec
So I am a gcse student and I am looking for a reasonably cheap (about £300 or less), small laptop that I can use for revision and that I can also use in 6th form. I quite like the look of the Asus Transformer Book T100, but just wondered if anyone had any other suggestions :smile:

have you looked at chromebooks?
Original post by mollythec

You missed out on an epic deal at currys had a few sony vaios with i5's for less than that :/

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Products/cat/Laptops/refine/46562~144411

Check ebuyer and amazon as well............ideally I say aim for an i3, 4gb of ram laptop for general usage.
I am a GCSE student and I have a macbook air and am really happy with it
I am not sure how much it costs because I got it for christmas but if you are willing to go above your 300 pound budget I would recommend the macbook air
It also has a really long battery life it does not have a cd slot but you can always buy one if you need it
hope this helps:colondollar:
Nudges the very top of your budget but the Microsoft Surface (with Keyboard).
I don't own one but I've noticed a lot of people in my sixth form have begun to use them around school, especially if you can get onto your school's internet (we're allowed to, but we have to ask the IT dept. really nicely). Best of all, it already comes with Microsoft Office.

(also, don't sweat about the laptop you use too much. I went right up to my AS levels with a creaky old laptop that ran Windows XP and cried all over me when I tried to open more than two tabs on Firefox.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by wickedpony
I am a GCSE student and I have a macbook air and am really happy with it
I am not sure how much it costs because I got it for christmas but if you are willing to go above your 300 pound budget I would recommend the macbook air
It also has a really long battery life it does not have a cd slot but you can always buy one if you need it
hope this helps:colondollar:

MacBook Airs start at £749 so its out of his/her price range
The T100 is a pretty good choice though the T200 recently came out
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2587246.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:12488287130%7Ctsid:59158%7Ccid:200223050%7Clid:98397332450%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:46623616010%7Crnd:11839722166928687760%7Cdvc:c%7Cadp:1o2%7Cbku:1
Has more battery life, a larger display with a bigger keyboard and has a 500GB HDD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending