The Student Room Group

When did you get your offers from these unis?

Last week I sent off my UCAS application to do law at Oxford, Edinburgh, Exeter, Bristol and Durham. If any of you have applied to do law at any of these unis in the past, could you please tell me when you received an offer (or rejection)?
From what I have heard, I will not be receiving any notification from these unis until after Christmas..!
Thanks a lot.

Scroll to see replies

I applied to do law and criminology at the universities of manchester,liverpool,mancheser met,liverpool and liverpool john moores just need my senior tutor to attach my reference and send it off

only universties i heard give out offers quickly in matter of minutes and days are Warwick,york,and Edinburgh
hopefully you get an offer for Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by tarteeliax
I applied to do law and criminology at the universities of manchester,liverpool,mancheser met,liverpool and liverpool john moores just need my senior tutor to attach my reference and send it off

only universties i heard give out offers quickly in matter of minutes and days are Warwick,york,and Edinburgh
hopefully you get an offer for Edinburgh

Ah thanks! Yes, at my school already quite a few have received offers from both York and Warwick. Haven't heard about any offers from Edinburgh yet though. Good luck with your endeavors! :smile:
Original post by studentiam
Ah thanks! Yes, at my school already quite a few have received offers from both York and Warwick. Haven't heard about any offers from Edinburgh yet though. Good luck with your endeavors! :smile:

haha yeah told you,and thankyou i appreciate it
I either heard from Durham in December or January. Heard from Oxford before Christmas (twice - post interview rejection (non-law, but they work on the same timetable) was a week before Xmas; pre-interview law rejection was mid November).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for an LLB (Hons) in Law with Criminology at the following universities

The University Of Liverpool
The University Of Birmingham City
The University Of Chester
The University Of Manchester Metropolitan
The University Of Liverpool John Moores

Anyone applied at any of these institutions and received any offers yet!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied to Edinburgh, I received login details for the 'MyEd' thing - has anyone else?
Reply 7
Original post by MoHoosen9167
Applied to Edinburgh, I received login details for the 'MyEd' thing - has anyone else?

I've made an account but am only really checking UCAS Track.
Just get an offer from manchester met!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last week I sent off my UCAS application to do law at Oxford, Edinburgh, Exeter, Bristol and Durham. If any of you have applied to do law at any of these unis in the past, could you please tell me when you received an offer (or rejection)?
From what I have heard, I will not be receiving any notification from these unis until after Christmas..!
Thanks a lot.

Oxford give out all their decisions on a fixed date in January. Edinburgh sometimes give early offers, but usually people have to wait till February/March. As law is one of the more competitive courses, you could be looking at that. Don't know about the rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks a lot.

Hi there,

I submitted my application on the 13th of October, and received my offer for law at Exeter on the 29th of October. Hope that helps and good luck with your application!
Reply 11
I applied for criminology at Durham and received an offer two weeks ago.
Original post by hellofello
Hi there,

I submitted my application on the 13th of October, and received my offer for law at Exeter on the 29th of October. Hope that helps and good luck with your application!

Ah thankyou! Where else are you applying? :smile:
Ah thankyou! Where else are you applying? :smile:

KCL, UCL, Warwick and Cambridge! What about you?
Original post by hellofello
Hi there,

What were your predicted grades? And what was your offer - my predicted grades were: A*AA
I've not received an offer yet 😖
Original post by MoHoosen9167
What were your predicted grades? And what was your offer - my predicted grades were: A*AA
I've not received an offer yet 😖

Hey there,

Two things: I follow the US curriculum and my school doesn't do predictions. My APs which they say are A level equivalents are 5,5,5,5,4,3 in six subjects, on a scale from 1-5 where 5 is roughly equivalent to an A or A*. Some unis like UCL , LSE, and Cambridge require more than three 5s though, so AP is probably seen as easier than A level.

Anyways I receive unconditional from Exeter. Good luck and hope you hear back soon!

edit: Also, US unis don't actually care if our AP scores are bad, so I probably would have done better had I put more effort into it. I didn't decide to apply to UK until after I completed those APs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Right,i applied on ucas on 20th of October and I've got 4/5 im waiting on Birmingham City university and I dong understand what's taking them this long there a crap uni and it's nearly 4 weeks since I applied yet they've emailed me to invite me to some history event can someone explain why there inviting me to some history event yet they've not even accepted my application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tarteeliax
Applied for an LLB (Hons) in Law with Criminology at the following universities

The University Of Liverpool
The University Of Birmingham City
The University Of Chester
The University Of Manchester Metropolitan
The University Of Liverpool John Moores

Anyone applied at any of these institutions and received any offers yet!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to Liverpool, got an offer on Monday!
Sameee got mine on 27th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Just a silly question I should know the answer to...
If my predicted grades are A*AA, but the course's entry requirements are ABB- can they give me an offer requesting I get AAA, for example? Or do I just have to get at least ABB to get on the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending