The Student Room Group

Anyone aged eighteen going to uni next year?

Hey there guys!

I was supposed to go to university this year but due to my two year course starting last year, I haven't been able to :c

It's pretty upsetting hearing people my age saying "Oh wow! University is awesome!" etc and it makes me feel a bit upset :frown: And when I was at an open day, I felt pretty old despite being eighteen :/

Anyone else feel like this? Or anyone my age heading to uni next year?

Scroll to see replies

18 is the minimum age for uni entrants so it should be easy to find such people
People on my course are liek 21-22-23. I'm 18 but I don't think any 18 year old cares about interacting with people who are elder. I didn't even notice for many and neither do I care.
Well tbh a lot of my friends at uni are 19-22 , it's really weird how somehow I'm the youngest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are many people that'll be older than just turned 18 on your course. :smile:
I'll be 19 when I go uni in September, so you're not alone :smile:
I'll be 19 when I go too, don't really care about the age differences as we'll meet people of all ages throughout life anyway :smile: Age difference only really mattered to me during school years, but we're all adults now so we all pretty much think alike!
Reply 7
Original post by shawn_o1

I have someone on my course who is 17...
Reply 8
I'll be 19 also when I start university :O I had to think about that for some time :/ I've always been the youngest at my previous college - I'm a July baby!
Reply 9
I'll be 19 when I hopefully start university in September as I had to resit my AS levels, as will most of my friends so I know there is about 20 people starting when they're 19 (our sixth form was pretty crap)
lol you're just one year older, i'll be almost 20 when I go, you'll be fine :smile: I know a friend who went aged 20 and doing alright.
This is normal.
Original post by JustGeorgia96
Hey there guys!

I was supposed to go to university this year but due to my two year course starting last year, I haven't been able to :c

It's pretty upsetting hearing people my age saying "Oh wow! University is awesome!" etc and it makes me feel a bit upset :frown: And when I was at an open day, I felt pretty old despite being eighteen :/

Please answer my Gap Year questions :biggrin:: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2912671
Original post by JustGeorgia96
Hey there guys!

I'll be 19 when I go to uni, and from what my mates say there is a large proportion of freshers who are 19/20 etc so there's no need to worry :smile:

I get where you're coming from about it being frustrating hearing how much fun everyone is having, but just find something to occupy your time and think that will be you before you know it!
Original post by Dr. Django
I'll be 19 when I go to uni, and from what my mates say there is a large proportion of freshers who are 19/20 etc so there's no need to worry :smile:

I get where you're coming from about it being frustrating hearing how much fun everyone is having, but just find something to occupy your time and think that will be you before you know it!

How frustrating is it when your sitting your gcses late. :confused::angry:
I get what you mean, I changed my mind on my A level courses etc so I've gone back a year. I'm 19 in a few weeks now and at all of the open day's I went to, everyone else was 16/17..
Most of my friends have taken a gap year though so I'm sure there'll be loads of older people there:smile:
Original post by abbalarr95
I get what you mean, I changed my mind on my A level courses etc so I've gone back a year. I'm 19 in a few weeks now and at all of the open day's I went to, everyone else was 16/17..
Most of my friends have taken a gap year though so I'm sure there'll be loads of older people there:smile:

I'm sitting every exams a 'year later' don't complain :wink:

and there's people on tsr who has said they've done that :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by shawn_o1

my friend started uni 2 weeks ago and she's 17...
Original post by elmosandy
I'm sitting every exams a 'year later' don't complain :wink:

and there's people on tsr who has said they've done that :smile:

Exactly. I have to get work experience in a hospital to get onto my course and you can't do that unless you're 18 so I'm quite thankful aha:biggrin:
Original post by abbalarr95
Exactly. I have to get work experience in a hospital to get onto my course and you can't do that unless you're 18 so I'm quite thankful aha:biggrin:

Haha seeing people talk about AS Level stress is quite depressing though...

Time to actually not go on Facebook/Social Media so much and concentrate on these IGCSE's and get them done once and for all!!!

Work Experience is all good though, shows you have skills for the job after the Degree really and employers want the skills mostly, the paper is all good but yes the skills :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest