The Student Room Group

How to get round the AS resit on the application form?

Hello,
I know you have to put down all the exams taken, so at AS I got AABC, but will be resitting the C (biology) alongside the A2. How can I say it is pending? I don't want to make reference to it in my PS.
cheers
Put in the AS again, only with a qualification date of next year. Your application should more or less read:
AS
Biology - 3 modules - June 2014 - C
Module A - [x]
Module B - [x]
Module C - [x]
Biology - 3 modules - June 2015 - Pending
Module A - Pending
Module B - [x]
Module C - [x]
Reply 2
Original post by loperdoper
Put in the AS again, only with a qualification date of next year. Your application should more or less read:
AS
Module A - [x]
Module B - [x]
Module C - [x]
Module A - Pending
Module B - [x]
Module C - [x]

Thanks for that!
AS
Module A - [x]
Module B - [x]
Module C - [x]
Module A - Pending
Module B - [x]
Module C - [x]

If you don't declare modular grades what do you do? I have listed my AS grades and have the A2 as pending, since the whole of a2 is pending does that incorporate AS? I haven't decided which AS exams I wish to retake it any atm, depends on my offer
Original post by adorablegirl1202
If you don't declare modular grades what do you do? I have listed my AS grades and have the A2 as pending, since the whole of a2 is pending does that incorporate AS? I haven't decided which AS exams I wish to retake it any atm, depends on my offer

You don't have to declare modular results. Then you would put "AS - [grade] - June 2014, AS - Pending - June 2015, A2 - Pending, June 2015". Universities may contact you to ask about your modular grades, however. The problem is they may base your offer on what you're resitting, leaving you at a stalemate.
Reply 5
You don't have to declare modular results. Then you would put "AS - [grade] - June 2014, AS - Pending - June 2015, A2 - Pending, June 2015". Universities may contact you to ask about your modular grades, however. The problem is they may base your offer on what you're resitting, leaving you at a stalemate.

I'm not planning on putting down modular grades either, hopefully it gives a little more leeway.
It's a nightmare trying not to trip up in this application business!

What if I don't know if I want to retake any AS exams yet?
Original post by Minky55
I'm not planning on putting down modular grades either, hopefully it gives a little more leeway.
It's a nightmare trying not to trip up in this application business!

If you're applying with a school I wouldn't worry too much, they will send back your application if they notice any mistakes.

What if I don't know if I want to retake any AS exams yet?

It's a tricky situation, tbh. If you decide to not retake any and change your mind, you can contact UCAS, but it's a lot of hassle.
I would speak to your subject teachers for advice, and they can say if it's worth a retake or not (for instance in Maths, C3/4 builds upon C2 work, so there's no extra revision needed for a C2 retake).
If you're applying with a school I wouldn't worry too much, they will send back your application if they notice any mistakes.

It's a tricky situation, tbh. If you decide to not retake any and change your mind, you can contact UCAS, but it's a lot of hassle.
I would speak to your subject teachers for advice, and they can say if it's worth a retake or not (for instance in Maths, C3/4 builds upon C2 work, so there's no extra revision needed for a C2 retake).

It all depends on my offer and what I firm etc if that makes sense. Shall I put no retakes for the time being and just list AS grades and have A2 as pending? If I decide to retake then inform ucas?
It all depends on my offer and what I firm etc if that makes sense. Shall I put no retakes for the time being and just list AS grades and have A2 as pending? If I decide to retake then inform ucas?

Yep, I can see your reasoning, but a university may give your offer based on a resit you want to do. Speak to your school and ask them for advice.
Yep, I can see your reasoning, but a university may give your offer based on a resit you want to do. Speak to your school and ask them for advice.
Thanks for talking it through and your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending