The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Will imperial accept if I take a gap year/resit?

After today's exam I dont believe I will get an A* in maths (which is needed for their engineering course). If I take a gap year this august and apply with grades A*AA and resit maths, will imperial accept my application?
Original post by Anonymous
After today's exam I dont believe I will get an A* in maths (which is needed for their engineering course). If I take a gap year this august and apply with grades A*AA and resit maths, will imperial accept my application?

To expand: am I likely to get an offer?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I am in the same position, not sure
Only one way to find out.
Reply 4
did you get your offer eventually?
I asked admissions the same question last week as I achieved a A in maths last week and didn’t meet the offer for engineering. They said they need a A* in maths and don’t accept resits. Luckily today my remark came back as a A* so will start Imperial next month - so excited!
wait, they dont accept resits?? how would they know that you resat the test? im in year 13 now and so im worried lol, predicted arent good bc i was burnt out from GCSE and previous years that i just fooled about and chilled for the year, got BCC predictions lmao, i wanted to take a gap year anyways to enjoy life a bit, but if i dont get A* in Maths and Physics ( im applying for theoretical physics course and imperial, if i dont get the two A*'s and then do a resit in novemeber, will they reject me if i get an A*? Furthermore, i wish to take the physics admissions test but i wont be going this year for obvious reasons, can i do the test in february this year and just use that score for when i apply in 2025? Thanks for any help btw. Congrats on the A* btw Anonymous user!
Original post by anonymous0365
wait, they dont accept resits?? how would they know that you resat the test? im in year 13 now and so im worried lol, predicted arent good bc i was burnt out from GCSE and previous years that i just fooled about and chilled for the year, got BCC predictions lmao, i wanted to take a gap year anyways to enjoy life a bit, but if i dont get A* in Maths and Physics ( im applying for theoretical physics course and imperial, if i dont get the two A*'s and then do a resit in novemeber, will they reject me if i get an A*? Furthermore, i wish to take the physics admissions test but i wont be going this year for obvious reasons, can i do the test in february this year and just use that score for when i apply in 2025? Thanks for any help btw. Congrats on the A* btw Anonymous user!

Hi thanks. Having spoken to them - Yes they don’t accept any resits - it has to be the grade achieved the 1st time (especially in maths) unless there is a medical/ circumstantial reason beyond your control why the grades were not achieved 1st time round - backed by evidence. That’s what they told me when I was talking to them whilst waiting for my remark. They were very firm in that . Hope you achieve the best grades possible in the summer. I’m not sure about the admission test you mentioned but I was contacted for my test for imperial once they had shortlisted me from my ucas application - I’m pretty sure it can only be applied to that years application. All grades achieved and Resits need to be disclosed on ucas form and ucas get all results directly from examination boards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending