The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Creative Writing MFA (Kingston)

Hi

Any advice for applying to the Creative Writing course for 2015? I am working on my application piece at the moment, but any tips on the application or what to expect will be helpful. I am aware that an application to this course is literally a shot in the dark - they might like my writing or think its absolutely mediocre
Original post by dbose
Hi

Any advice for applying to the Creative Writing course for 2015? I am working on my application piece at the moment, but any tips on the application or what to expect will be helpful. I am aware that an application to this course is literally a shot in the dark - they might like my writing or think its absolutely mediocre

Hi dbose,

I studied Creative Writing in my first year, although this was at undergraduate level. Do you have any specific questions? I will try and find an answer for you.

I will say let your passion reflect in your writing, if you weren't passionate you wouldn't be applying! Also try not to worry, remember part of the MFA is about learning, if you already knew everything you wouldn't need to do it :smile:

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions,

Chloe:smile:
Student Ambassador
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by Kingston University
Hi dbose,

I studied Creative Writing in my first year, although this was at undergraduate level. Do you have any specific questions? I will try and find an answer for you.

I will say let your passion reflect in your writing, if you weren't passionate you wouldn't be applying! Also try not to worry, remember part of the MFA is about learning, if you already knew everything you wouldn't need to do it :smile:

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions,

Student Ambassador

Thanks Chloe

Well I have a couple of questions that I would love for you to answer if possible.

Firstly, I am going to be applying from India although I'm in London at the moment. I have all my documents and portfolio piece ready to begin my application right away (or at least in the next few weeks). The only thing missing will be my IELTS score as I won't be able to take the test before December (only dates available). Do you think it'll be possible for me to apply for the course anyway right now and supply them with my test scores later? Or will this hinder my application process?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dbose
Thanks Chloe

Well I have a couple of questions that I would love for you to answer if possible.

Firstly, I am going to be applying from India although I'm in London at the moment. I have all my documents and portfolio piece ready to begin my application right away (or at least in the next few weeks). The only thing missing will be my IELTS score as I won't be able to take the test before December (only dates available). Do you think it'll be possible for me to apply for the course anyway right now and supply them with my test scores later? Or will this hinder my application process?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi dbose,

I have attached all contact numbers for international students here, there should be someone in international admissions that will be able to help you.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need any more help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending