The Student Room Group

When do you start getting festive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MarleyZ
I wore a seasonal jumper to work 2 weeks ago, not even ashamed :candycane::cracker::merryxmas::santa2::santa3:

What were your workmates reactions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
What were your workmates reactions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by jenhasdreams
My birthday is November 14th, so once that's over I think that's about the perfect time to start gettin' festive.

Although, I did crave a mince pie earlier in the week, and wore Christmas socks about a month ago.

hahhaha jenhasdreams what were the reactions to my non-christmas seasonal jumper? :u: You all loved it didn't you!?
"Nice Christmas jumper MarleyZ!"
"It's not a Christmas jumper, it's just red!"

Said everyone when they came over...
Original post by jenhasdreams
"Nice Christmas jumper MarleyZ!"
"It's not a Christmas jumper, it's just red!"

Said everyone when they came over...

Haha lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the past, 2nd Saturday of December was when I held a party for my staff, favoured clients and suppliers and friends in general. This was also the moment that I gave everyone a year end bonus that you can receive as long as you had worked for me for more than 12 months. It is also at this time that I announce how our business has done for the year and what there is to look forward to next year. I also announce from when we will close and reopen again for business. Its only after this party that I start thinking of what presents I will buy and usually it is a quick trip to one of the malls and I try to finish it within a day or two max.

Then it is the weekend before xmas that we put up a tree at home and also prepared for all that there is to prepare for xmas. We always had a xmas eve party at the house and on xmas day we had a party at my ex-MiL's house as her birthday is on xmas day.

This year things will be quite different, the xmas party will happen on the 3rd Saturday of December and I will be paying out their yearly bonus which would be based upon their KPI. There will also be a special announcement of our new work week system and new salary scale. Finally there will be an announcement that unlike previous years we will be open for business and there will be overtime for those who want to work.

Due to family disputes, this year I'm not hosting a party at my house. Won't be putting up any decoration or preparing anything for the festivity. Each of my kids will get the equivalent of £50 x their age as a gift from me in cash, then will give them £1 for every £1 they have saved over the year and so as to prevent them from being caught in any crossfire or feeling as if they have to choose I'm bringing them to Sydney and will leave on the 23rd and will be back on the 3rd.
Original post by She-Ra
Yay!

I think travelling by train on Christmas Eve is awesome, love seeing people hauling pressies around with them... they have that sparkle in their eye... all excited for Christmas :h:

DeceitfulDove... we've turned him, our work here is done :five:

Aww gee... there's nothing a misanthrope like me likes more than seeing people with their perfect lives having fun and feeling happy, expecting me to join in and have fun!

:colonhash:

My idea of fun is dramatically different to theirs.
I don't get festive ... Christmas is a pain in the ass.
I'm on a society exec at uni and we've started preparing for our Christmas social, and my friends & I have picked names for Secret Santa. I don't start feeling fully festive until the end of November/beginning of December though. I get ridiculously excited about Christmas when it comes, best time of the year! :santa3:
I like to buy good presents for my family so I start thinking about that at the start of November.
Christmas is boring. I spend it in the gym lifting and awaiting all the people who've signed up as their New Years resolution. Then around about January 4th I never see them again.
I never get festive :colone: However, this year I might buy my own small Christmas tree for my room because my sister would start complaining if I'd put something on her tree :erm:
Early November :smile:
Mid December, absolute earliest.
Early December, when I can open my advent calendars! I usually buy presents earlier though, as in I have been known to go "Christmas shopping" in January!
We should keep Christmas in December only, it makes it even more special then!
Original post by MiniMacaroon
Early December, when I can open my advent calendars! I usually buy presents earlier though, as in I have been known to go "Christmas shopping" in January!
We should keep Christmas in December only, it makes it even more special then!

I'm going to sing Xmas songs to you now, get you feeling them Xmas vibes in whatever month it currently is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
I'm going to sing Xmas songs to you now, get you feeling them Xmas vibes in whatever month it currently is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooooo!! I'm the kind of person that has to change my iTunes settings to make sure when I shuffle my music Christmas songs don't pop up in the middle of Summer! Noooooooo!!! :afraid:
Nooooo!! I'm the kind of person that has to change my iTunes settings to make sure when I shuffle my music Christmas songs don't pop up in the middle of Summer! Noooooooo!!! :afraid:

Tis the season to be jolly, ITS CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I think you'll find it's Christmas Eve in 2 MONTHS, not today!
Oh God wait, it's 2 months away?!?! Have I been in a coma or something, where has time gone?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gimme beer and I'll be jolly, otherwise it ain't happening

Posted from TSR Mobile
But I think you'll find it's Christmas Eve in 2 MONTHS, not today!
Oh God wait, it's 2 months away?!?! Have I been in a coma or something, where has time gone?!

You rode the gnarly wave so awesome you passed out on the beach

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest