The Student Room Group

Flirtatious lab partner / awkward lab sessions....

For the new academic year I was to my dismay paired up with a very weird guy and I'm hating the lab work because I have to work with him. So that's 3-6 hours every week!
He's socially awkward too and due to my amiable nature he may have gotten the wrong impression. All I said was 'I will clear up the work bench and wash the apparatus, you can go home' because I like cleaning but ever since then, he's been really weird and I don't want to be rude to him so I just blank him but I wish I could change partners :frown: And I have to do nearly all the work as he has no clue what's going on RE the lab work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"weird"? Maybe he is showing interest in you. If you have a boyfriend, tell this "weird guy" sternly that you are not available (to be his partner), and that he has to do what he's told during the lab sessions. Essentially be like a big sister, make sure he understands what he needs to do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
"weird"? Maybe he is showing interest in you. If you have a boyfriend, tell this "weird guy" sternly that you are not available, and that he has to do what he's told. Essentially be like a big sister, make sure he understands what he needs to do.

You just gotta dude friend zoned, that's like friendly fire dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
In what ways is he being weird?
Reply 4
Original post by SophieSmall
In what ways is he being weird?

As in just stares and throws random unnecessary compliments. How r u supposed to react to that other than just smile :s he pretends like other people don't like him which I know is an act and he craves sympathy.

I need to know how to explicitly show someone they are definitely in the friend zone. Actually not even a friend but an acquaintance zone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
^ Then really you should take charge of the lab work, set tasks for him to do, oversee what he does.

Basically be the big sister he never had. Then he won't direct unnecessary compliments your way and is focused on the task in hand.
Reply 6
Original post by shawn_o1
^ Then really you should take charge of the lab work, set tasks for him to do, oversee what he does.

Basically be the big sister he never had. Then he won't direct unnecessary compliments your way and is focused on the task in hand.

Yeah I did take charge of it today. Us working on separate tasks minimises interaction time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending