The Student Room Group

If it says on my application that I'm resitting an AS module, am I committed to it?

I'm planning to resit two AS modules this year (one each from biology and psychology) so I can take my BBB at AS up to AAB at A2, specifically so I can apply to Sheffield for psychology

If I don't get an offer from Sheffield then my next firm choice would be a 320 points/ABB. If I get an offer from there, then I could still achieve ABB without resitting the biology module.

Basically what I'm asking is if I declare on my application that I'm resitting one AS module, can I change my mind or am I committed to it? Even if not resitting that particular module wouldn't affect my chances of achieving my firm choice's entry requirements?
Original post by jlf21426
I'm planning to resit two AS modules this year (one each from biology and psychology) so I can take my BBB at AS up to AAB at A2, specifically so I can apply to Sheffield for psychology

If I don't get an offer from Sheffield then my next firm choice would be a 320 points/ABB. If I get an offer from there, then I could still achieve ABB without resitting the biology module.

Basically what I'm asking is if I declare on my application that I'm resitting one AS module, can I change my mind or am I committed to it? Even if not resitting that particular module wouldn't affect my chances of achieving my firm choice's entry requirements?

If you are made an offer, it is done on the basis of what you state you are doing on the application form. If you change that, you must inform the university and they are within their rights to withdraw their offer if they wish. Not informing them isn't an option. When results come in, they will be unable to match your results to your applications if they are different from the application form and this will mean they cannot confirm your place.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
If you are made an offer, it is done on the basis of what you state you are doing on the application form. If you change that, you must inform the university and they are within their rights to withdraw their offer if they wish. Not informing them isn't an option. When results come in, they will be unable to match your results to your applications if they are different from the application form and this will mean they cannot confirm your place.

Okay thank you, if I do decide not to resit do you think it will affect their decision, if not resitting that module won't affect my chances at achieving their entry requirements? If I resit then my predicted grades are AAB, and if I don't then my predicted grades are ABB, which will still meet their entry requirements. The ABB university in question is Lincoln, I don't know if that changes anything.
(edited 9 years ago)
Okay thank you, if I do decide not to resit do you think it will affect their decision, if not resitting that module won't affect my chances at achieving their entry requirements? If I resit then my predicted grades are AAB, and if I don't then my predicted grades are ABB, which will still meet their entry requirements. The ABB university in question is Lincoln, I don't know if that changes anything.

I'm in a similar position to you, but I didn't realise you had to include the fact that you are planning on retaking in your application (nothing's sent off yet js haha)

It probably won't affect their offering intentions, especially if they know before they make a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending