The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Is the foundation year at Uni of Bristol worth it?

I am a Peruvian student and I've spent a year doing an International Foundation year in my country but it's been quite an awful experience and I need to resit chemistry and physics, I really want to study uni this year and I have an offer from Bristol for cel and mol medicine and I initially wanted Medicine but my UCAT wasn't good. I wanted to apply to the foundation year at Bristol but I haven't seen many reviews on it. Would any of you recommend it?
Is the intention to do medicine at Bristol afterwards? If so, the key questions are:

What are the requirements to progress from the FY to the med course? Are they purely academic? Overall? Module based? Is there an interview? Can you retake modules? What happens if you fail to meet them?

How many students actually progress from the FY to the med programme each year?

If you met all the above requirements, would you be happy with the option to only progress at Bristol, IE no backup plan?

Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Is the intention to do medicine at Bristol afterwards? If so, the key questions are:

What are the requirements to progress from the FY to the med course? Are they purely academic? Overall? Module based? Is there an interview? Can you retake modules? What happens if you fail to meet them?

How many students actually progress from the FY to the med programme each year?

If you met all the above requirements, would you be happy with the option to only progress at Bristol, IE no backup plan?

-yeah the requirements are the same as the A-level offer entry, Module based where I'd be doing physics and chemistry again but biology would change to biomedical sciences. There is an interview for all medicine applicants and yes modules can be retaken.

-I actually cannot find numbers, that is why I was asking about the experience here because I haven't heard about it. Being honest I am resitting chemistry and physics and I'm applying to the FY as a backup to do something this year.

-I visited Bristol and I really like the campus, accommodation and of course the laboratories. I think I would be happy with Bristol being my only option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending