The Student Room Group

Applying to midwifery

Is anyone else applying to study midwifery for 2015/16? I applied last year but didn't get a place so was wondering what I should write about on my personal statement to make myself stand out more?
Reply 1
I've not applied yet, restarting a course but did you have plenty of experience and write about transferrable skills?
I don't have any experience but I have done work experience in a nursery at college. I've booked onto a midwifery taster day at the University of Chester which is in December so I was going to write about that.
Reply 3
Original post by HannahLovedOz
I don't have any experience but I have done work experience in a nursery at college. I've booked onto a midwifery taster day at the University of Chester which is in December so I was going to write about that.

Midwifery is very competitive and a nursery won't be sufficient. It would be for pediatric nursing but not midwifery. Midwifery is all about the care of a woman during pregnancy, not children. It would really strengthen your application to get some care work with woman, even if they are not pregnant women.
Hey my friend had an interview for Greenwich a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone received any offers from Greenwich yet? I am asking on her behalf. Thanks
If you applied last year and were unsuccessful surely you should have really done some related voluntary work or work experience to make yourself stand out ?! Anyhow, make sure you include any transferable skills you have, show you understand the role of a midwife and why you want to do it :smile: good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending