The Student Room Group

He doesnt want a relationship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Crumpet1
Don't lie to him ... but do make it clear to him what he is entitled to know about and what he is not. If you don't want to discuss the topic with him then tell him it isn't any of his business.

He now knows, he is upset and keeps saying that I know we're not together but it's wrong. I know that it is wrong, I feel awful for him. I've sent him paragraphs saying things and I've apologised so many times, so I've given him some space and we've haven't spoke since 12 yesterday. It is confusing cause at times in text he was alright and was talking about me and him but would then change it all completely. I really want to make this right but don't want to carry on talking about it.
Original post by fashion1
He now knows, he is upset and keeps saying that I know we're not together but it's wrong. I know that it is wrong, I feel awful for him. I've sent him paragraphs saying things and I've apologised so many times, so I've given him some space and we've haven't spoke since 12 yesterday. It is confusing cause at times in text he was alright and was talking about me and him but would then change it all completely. I really want to make this right but don't want to carry on talking about it.

If he had been your female friend and she felt that she didn't agree with what you did, would you feel any need to apologise to her? Presumably not - you would take her opinion into account but no more than that. So why are you grovelling to this male friend?
Ahh, this reminds me so much of a thing I had with a guy last year - I think in the long run, it's better to just let it go if you don't want the same thing. He sounds like he has no idea what he wants to be honest, I think you need to tell him to get a grip. He can't get angry with you if you're not exclusive, that's ridiculous. You don't need to apologise to him, just clear up any confusion so no misunderstandings happen again :/
Reply 63
He's taking the mick. You've no need to feel guilty or apologise. He's caused this upset by not knowing what the heck he wanted in the first place. Now remember the reasons why u didn't want a relationship...to focus on 6th form, to concentrate on your job...well look at how this worked out. You've probably got everything you didn't want and you're not even in a relationship. Tell him straight that he's been unfair and take a break from him. He can take his confused self somewhere else. Chin up.
Reply 64
Original post by Mrs E
He's taking the mick. You've no need to feel guilty or apologise. He's caused this upset by not knowing what the heck he wanted in the first place. Now remember the reasons why u didn't want a relationship...to focus on 6th form, to concentrate on your job...well look at how this worked out. You've probably got everything you didn't want and you're not even in a relationship. Tell him straight that he's been unfair and take a break from him. He can take his confused self somewhere else. Chin up.

I know what I did was wrong and I should have been straight up about that, I'm guilty of that. We're not in a relationship and he even told me that I was single. We've spent this whole weekend arguing and relating ourselves, before he even told me he wanted to be normal and carry on seeing each other. When I asked if he did want to see me this week, he replied "I don't know if it's right or not and it depends if you want to or not". We argued a bit more and now he's being normal. I'm beyond confused.
Reply 65
Original post by fajita.and.friends
Ahh, this reminds me so much of a thing I had with a guy last year - I think in the long run, it's better to just let it go if you don't want the same thing. He sounds like he has no idea what he wants to be honest, I think you need to tell him to get a grip. He can't get angry with you if you're not exclusive, that's ridiculous. You don't need to apologise to him, just clear up any confusion so no misunderstandings happen again :/

That's what I thought, but he was really hurt, I suppose I can see why. Before he told me that he wanted things to be normal again and then we wanted to carry on seeing me. Then we argued a bit more after. Then when I asked if he did want to see me this week he said "I don't know if it's right or not and it depends whether you want to or not". After this not much was said and he randomly popped up a few minutes ago asking if I'd revised for a test at school. Beyond confused over this boy.
Original post by fashion1
That's what I thought, but he was really hurt, I suppose I can see why. Before he told me that he wanted things to be normal again and then we wanted to carry on seeing me. Then we argued a bit more after. Then when I asked if he did want to see me this week he said "I don't know if it's right or not and it depends whether you want to or not". After this not much was said and he randomly popped up a few minutes ago asking if I'd revised for a test at school. Beyond confused over this boy.

Ask him what he means by "seeing him". His total lack of clarity on that point has led to this entire situation. Does he mean 'friends' (in which case he needs to butt out of your love-life), or does he mean 'going out' (in which case he should stop giving such mixed signals).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending