The Student Room Group

Warwick Economics applicants 2015

I'm applying to Economics (L100) at Warwick. Has anyone else applied?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm yet to send off my application, I'm looking to send it off on the 15th. Same prediction as you :smile:. Which subjects do you do?
Reply 2
Original post by elisabeth1996
math, spanish, english literature :biggrin: and you?

Maths, Further Maths, Economics at A-level and Further (Additional) Maths at AS :smile:. What were your other choices?
Reply 3
Warwick, Queen Mary, Bristol (x2), UCL :smile:. Which universities are you hoping to make your firm and insurance?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Warwick, UCL and Bristol are my preferred choices with Bristol being the insurance :smile:. Yh if you take a gap year after achieving 3 A*s then you'd most likely get an unconditional from all of your choices :smile:
Reply 5
I wanted to wait a month after October 15th before I submitted my application to avoid being compared with the oxbridge applicants :biggrin:
Reply 6
i don't know if it makes a difference, since not many people have received offers, they're probably just gathering a pile hahahaha. i thought applying early would get me offers faster, clearly not :angry: i just want to know!

I know somebody who got an offer from LSE on this exact day last year but his offer from Warwick arrived in January. I'm sure you'll get one soon :smile:
Reply 7
me too :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar: thanks for being so encouraging!!

No problem :smile:
Original post by Abel Demoz
Maths, Further Maths, Economics at A-level and Further (Additional) Maths at AS :smile:. What were your other choices?

Does Warwick count maths and further maths as separate A levels?
Reply 9
Original post by anonwinner
Does Warwick count maths and further maths as separate A levels?

They do :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Does anyone have an offer from Warwick yet?
I'm applying to Economics (L100) at Warwick. Anyone else thinking of applying or have you already applied?

Hey guys, I applied about a month ago (also applying to Cambridge) and received an offer from Warwick! :h:
Reply 12
Original post by dariaorlova
Hey guys, I applied about a month ago (also applying to Cambridge) and received an offer from Warwick! :h:

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Which subjects do you do?
Congratulations! :biggrin:

Which subjects do you do?

Thank you! I'm doing the IB, my subjects are,
Higher Level: Maths, Economics, History
Standard Level: English A, French B, Chemistry
Extended Essay in Maths :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by dariaorlova
Thank you! I'm doing the IB, my subjects are,
Higher Level: Maths, Economics, History
Standard Level: English A, French B, Chemistry
Extended Essay in Maths :smile:

Well done on your offer! Out of intrest how many points did you apply with?
Reply 15
Original post by kohakz
Does anyone have an offer from Warwick yet?

I got an offer for econ a few weeks ago, about a week after I sent my application in. It might be because I'm an international student that they got back to me sooner.
Original post by Akwaman
Well done on your offer! Out of intrest how many points did you apply with?

Thank you!! I applied with a prediction of 44/45 with my only 6 being in French, but the offer I received is of 38 points and a 6 in Maths
Reply 17
Is anybody predicted above A*AA or above 38 IB points? If so, what are your predictions?
Is anybody predicted above A*AA or above 38 IB points? If so, what are your predictions?

I'm pretty certain my predicted grades are a* physics a* economics a* maths a further maths, and a in AS chinese. Just got rejected from Cambridge a day ago so now tentatively checking UCAS every two seconds. Warwick and UCL like to take their time with economics though.
I've applied for Econ, politics and international studies for Warwick.
Original post by cheuk209
I'm pretty certain my predicted grades are a* physics a* economics a* maths a further maths, and a in AS chinese. Just got rejected from Cambridge a day ago so now tentatively checking UCAS every two seconds. Warwick and UCL like to take their time with economics though.
I've applied for Econ, politics and international studies for Warwick.

Unlucky on the rejection :frown: Do you know why you got rejected pre-interview, as I presume you did well at AS based on those predictions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending