The Student Room Group

Medicine at cambridge

Hey! I'm an 11th grade student in a british school in Spain. My dream is to become a doctor and I plan on applying to Cambridge, UCL and Imperial. I don't know what A-levels to take... I was thinking of taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths A levels and French As level. Is it too much? What choice would be better? Is french a good contrasting subject? Help pleeeeease and thanks very much in advance
Original post by Miakaavanah
Hey! I'm an 11th grade student in a british school in Spain. My dream is to become a doctor and I plan on applying to Cambridge, UCL and Imperial. I don't know what A-levels to take... I was thinking of taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths A levels and French As level. Is it too much? What choice would be better? Is french a good contrasting subject? Help pleeeeease and thanks very much in advance

Those are a lot of subjects, but nothing wrong with them if you're hardworking and can handle them! You don't have to do lots of sciences and it doesn't advantage you. Biology + Chemistry is a must, then everything after that is up to you! Since you want to apply to Cambridge, you'll have to take one of maths and physics, but you don't have to do both!!
Reply 2
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Those are a lot of subjects, but nothing wrong with them if you're hardworking and can handle them! You don't have to do lots of sciences and it doesn't advantage you. Biology + Chemistry is a must, then everything after that is up to you! Since you want to apply to Cambridge, you'll have to take one of maths and physics, but you don't have to do both!!

Okay thanks so much for your answer! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending