The Student Room Group

PgDip Nursing Southampton February 2015

Hey all,
I applied to Southampton for the PgDip Mental Health Nursing around August time, attended an interview and somehow got a conditional offer! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else on here was due to start in February? It'd be good to hear from anyone who's got an offer, I haven't heard anything about the accreditation of prior learning yet but I'm in the process of filling out the online forms for the Nhs bursary, and thought it'd be good to get in touch with others in case the forms get a bit tricky! It'd also be good to know what everyone's doing for accommodation too, I'm moving a fair way down, so I'm looking at a student share, I think. February seems a lot closer now it's almost November!
Reply 1
Hi :smile:
I'm not in your cohort, but started the PgDip at Soton this Feb, adult field, any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try and answer them (just not about bursaries- hate them :P) :smile:
Reply 2
Hey, I attended the later interview and I am waiting to find out if I've gained a place!
How long did you have to wait?

I felt really good about it on the day but was informed I would find out at the beginning of this week and not heard anything yet :s xxx
Reply 3
(My interview was for feb 2015 adult branch- sorry I'm new to this site Haha)
Reply 4
Hey, I was told it would be within a week, but I think it only took about five days for them to email me. Took me a bit longer to find out though as the email got caught in my spam filter and I rang them in the end, which can't hurt if your worried, although my interview was over summer so they'll have been a lot less busy then I suppose.
Reply 5
Okay thank you :smile: I think I will if I don't find out this week, thanks for the info though I'll keep checking my spam folder!
I think I've checked Ucas on the hour today Hahahah x
Reply 6
Hey there! I attended the same selection day and I haven't heard back either. Fingers crossed for you though! X
Reply 7
Oh well that's good news :smile: fingers crossed for you too!
Were you adult, child or mental health? Xx
Reply 8
I am adult nursing :smile: what about yourself? Xx
Reply 9
Adult too :smile: did you find out today? Xx
Reply 10
Original post by Lsomer1
Adult too :smile: did you find out today? Xx

Yes I did, I'm in! Wbu? Xx
Reply 11
Oh yay!!! I'm in too! Will see you in February then :biggrin:
Do you have any accommodation plans yet? Looking at cheap accommodation now as my budget will be tight xx
Reply 12
Oh tell me about it! I'm too scared to look as I'll be living on a shoe string for two yeArs :frown: but it'll be worth it in the end :smile: xx
Reply 13
Original post by meggers_b
Hi :smile:
I'm not in your cohort, but started the PgDip at Soton this Feb, adult field, any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try and answer them (just not about bursaries- hate them :P) :smile:

Hi there, I'm on the child branch starting this Feb. Out of interest how long was it before you got a first glimpse of your 1st semester timetable?

I'll be commuting from the Isle of Wight each day so that'll make things interesting for the first placement.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi I'm also starting on the child branch in feb😊, there is another feed on here a girl called Ursula has set up a FB page as the Uni one doesn't seem to work! Some people seem to be going to the open afternoon on the 26th nov... Are any of you guys going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending