The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
kirstinx
I dont see why people would want to spend 4 years doing a degree in another country when they can do the exact same degree in a better university in 3 years.

to be fair who is to say what is a better university. just because someone will place a university in higher ranking in a guardian or times university guide does not mean its better. When you leave for university you are committed to a region/country for a minimum of 3 years and although somewhere like oxford or london may be considered a better university to study in does not mean its a better university for me. you seem to be quite elitest in your post and you run the risk of offending many people. To me i wouldnt go to Dundee to study English law not because of the ranking of the university but i dont think it would suit me because its too far away from my family when my mother has a serious medical condition. Therefore i opted for cardiff because of its close transport links to my home town Bristol whereas many people on TSR have given Cardiff a shunted impression in the past. I think when someone stated ouch in an above post they were speaking in regard to your statement of a better university and the fact that you should prepare your posts and fully think them through before. I apologise for any spelling or grammar mistakes due to the time and my state of mind whilst posting, but the tone of your post in particular did raise an eyebrow i recall when reading it. University rankings are not just about where its located in a league table but due to many different complex factors and i think that is something which needs appreciating!
Reply 21
[QUOTE="chalks"]
Scots_Law

Isn’t it easier all round to just learn the English legal system in England where all the English courts are?
QUOTE]

You don't have your lectures or seminars in Court, so why should it matter where the course is run geographically? The Uni may as well be in Timbuctoo for all it matters provided the course is well-run and well-regarded.

I do understand the point you’re making but I like being able to go to court during term time to get some experience on how the system works in practice. Although I suppose this could be just as easily done during summer.

Ok, I’ll put my hands up. It was a rather silly point :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending