The Student Room Group

Help with a retail interview (sports direct)???

I got an email for an interview in 4 days for sports direct. I went to another retail job and I thought it went pretty well but I never got it. My Mums saying I wore too much makeup could that have been a problem?

Also, what should I wear to the sports direct interview? Im getting told go casual but the internet says smart??

If anyone knows the questions they ask also, i'd be so grateful. Do they offer you the job straight away? It's a part time christmas job. THANKS
i honestly feel like they ask different questions depending on the manager?? i mean, my manager for my interview didn't follow a specific guideline for questions. it was just the regular stuff - why do you want a job here, what would make you good for the job, do you have any questions (try to think of one beforehand). i honestly just feel with my interview it was more how you gelled with the manager - in my case, we gelled quite well and still get along well now.

i don't think makeup should be an issue honestly unless you have an orange face, 2cm thick eyelashes, potato stamp blusher etc. and for my interview it said smart casual i recall?? and i just went in black jeans, a shirt and a blazer. i didn't get offered the job straight away but got called about an hour after.
Reply 2
Original post by faggstagram
i honestly feel like they ask different questions depending on the manager?? i mean, my manager for my interview didn't follow a specific guideline for questions. it was just the regular stuff - why do you want a job here, what would make you good for the job, do you have any questions (try to think of one beforehand). i honestly just feel with my interview it was more how you gelled with the manager - in my case, we gelled quite well and still get along well now.

i don't think makeup should be an issue honestly unless you have an orange face, 2cm thick eyelashes, potato stamp blusher etc. and for my interview it said smart casual i recall?? and i just went in black jeans, a shirt and a blazer. i didn't get offered the job straight away but got called about an hour after.

Aw thank you so much aha! No no I don't think my makeups that bad, eyeliner and lipstick and stuff no orange face:biggrin: My black jeans are super skinny so I'm thinking black trousers and a nice top? Thanks so much
yeah your makeup should be fine then haha :') yesss that's a good idea !! that's what i'd take from "smart casual" anyway just some black jeans/trousers and a nice top and some casual but nice shoes
Wear some running trainers, shorts and a sports top, you will get the job:yy:
Original post by CEW1508
I got an email for an interview in 4 days for sports direct. I went to another retail job and I thought it went pretty well but I never got it. My Mums saying I wore too much makeup could that have been a problem?

Also, what should I wear to the sports direct interview? Im getting told go casual but the internet says smart??

If anyone knows the questions they ask also, i'd be so grateful. Do they offer you the job straight away? It's a part time christmas job. THANKS

For the interview, wear something smart :redface:
I've been working for the company for two years now, and as far as I can remember, my manager asked me general questions like 'why do you want the job?' :redface: and I got a job offer either the same day or a few days later :biggrin: :redface:
And as for the makeup, it shouldn't be a problem, as long as your face isn't orange, etc :redface:
And good luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CEW1508

How did your interview go? Did you get the job?
I had a interview at Sports Direct, it only lasted about 8 minutes and the questions were really easy.
I had an email a few hours later saying I had got the job.
I am just waiting on a induction date now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending