The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Places to shop for Uni in Durham (Anyone else going up by train?)

Hi, Because we are taking my daughter up on the train from Wales, we are hoping to buy a fair few bits for her room in Durham
So I was wondering if anyone can give us tips on buses to shopping centres etc
She's getting a bit anxious as all of her friends have moved to Uni by car and taken loads of boxes. So I want to reassure her we can buy when we're there.
From north road you can catch the 64 bus to the Arnison centre retail park which has a decent range of shops (list found online.)
Alternatively, gilesgate also has a really wide of shops around the Dragonville industrial area/Durham City Retail park including shops such as dunelm, B&M, the Range etc. The bus to here will be the 64 (in the other direction) or 24 I believe (but you can check on the app.)
I personally haven’t caught the bus to the gilesgate area before so can’t tell you what that area is like in terms of location of the bus stops and distance/walkability between shops (on a map things do look sort of far apart but may be best to have a look for yourself) but the range of shops for homeware seems to be greater in gilesgate than the arnison centre.
Hope this helps :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
From north road you can catch the 64 bus to the Arnison centre retail park which has a decent range of shops (list found online.)
Alternatively, gilesgate also has a really wide of shops around the Dragonville industrial area/Durham City Retail park including shops such as dunelm, B&M, the Range etc. The bus to here will be the 64 (in the other direction) or 24 I believe (but you can check on the app.)
I personally haven’t caught the bus to the gilesgate area before so can’t tell you what that area is like in terms of location of the bus stops and distance/walkability between shops (on a map things do look sort of far apart but may be best to have a look for yourself) but the range of shops for homeware seems to be greater in gilesgate than the arnison centre.
Hope this helps :smile:

thank you it really helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest